Mk2 Rollcage & Replacement Seats

Chick

Has anyone fitted a rollcage to a Mk2 Ibiza? Got any advice.

Also need two replacement front seats. What 2nd hand seats can I look at - Golf / Polo / Mk 3 Ibiza? Or has anyone fitted motorsport seats? Again got any advice.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Dinky Dave, Roly and Martin M (well he soon will) have fitted rollcages into there mk2's. Im sure they managed to each find an Ex-Rockingham cage. Trying to get one of those is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Loads of options for seats OEM (Mk2 and Mk3 Ibiza, Mk3 Golf, Mk4 Polo) or Motorsport seats, depends what you are after.

Chick

Looking to use car as track day / weekend fun road car. Thinking will keep exterior as standard, except for 17" wheels I have and maybe lowering. Fancied stripping out interior, keeping two front seats and possibly installing cage just in case it all goes wrong!!
I've seen some bolt in cages, for around £600 new, but it's a lot to spend on car only worth £500.

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
If your tracking it I wouldn't go for 17" wheels to be honest. OMP do a cage thats pretty cheap as well.

It's also worth checking your insurance first, a lot of insurance companies wont touch a car with a roll cage!

Chick

What's the problem with 17" wheels for tracking? Is it just that they'll catch when cornering hard?
Will check the insurance

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Dinky Dave, Roly and Martin M (well he soon will) have fitted rollcages into there mk2's. Im sure they managed to each find an Ex-Rockingham cage. Trying to get one of those is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.....

Yep, I just sold my ex Rockingham cage to Martin who had been looking for a while! Fortunately my new Cordoba came with one pre-installed :eek:)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.