Mk2 Seat Toledo hubs - same across range?

kiruji

The bearing has gone in the OSF hub of my wife's 1999 Seat Toledo 1.8 20v. Rather than getting a new bearing for £25 and going to the hassle of getting it pressed in by some local garage, I thought I'd see if I could find a breaker and grab the hub off it and swap that out.

The only breakers I can find atm are the 2.3 V5, and one of the guys doing the breaking told me that he thought the hubs were different.

I thought the hubs were the same across the range (Toledo/Leon, and probably across the MkIV Golf/Bora range too).

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
depends on the size of the brakes and the caliper type

looks the same if it's 20VT / V5 / TDI 150 (8a) but all the non turbo and smaller engined cars are different (8)

here's a pic of them both

407100.png

Last edited:

kiruji

So as long as I get a hub from a non-turbo, small petrol engined Leon/Toledo/Bora/Golf, I should be OK?!

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
have to be careful as there's 3 listed on the year of yours main difference being disc size + engine code but 256 / 280 / (288+312) is one way of telling

if you pm ya reg ill sort a chassis and engine code out and look up the one for your car and see what's listed under the same number in the Vag range

kiruji

Cheers dude!

Can't see anyway of PMing you though (am I restricted?). Registration is *******. If you could PM me the details (or email greg[at]kiruji.net), that'd be grand. :)

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Sorry to hijack the thread, but any chance you can point me in the direction of that V5 being broken? I could do with a couple of hubs myself!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
You going to put a new bearing in the second hand hub?

Going to be a bit pointless if your putting an old bearing on there.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
must admit i'm with techie there - rather fit a new bearing to a hub you know is good rather than risk a used bearing in a hub you don't know :(

kiruji

Ordered a new bearing. Going to have to figure out how the hell to change it at home now!

Thanks for the help so far though!

vesh06

have to be careful as there's 3 listed on the year of yours main difference being disc size + engine code but 256 / 280 / (288+312) is one way of telling

if you pm ya reg ill sort a chassis and engine code out and look up the one for your car and see what's listed under the same number in the Vag range

Hi I was reading through this forum and I have seen your post I wander if you can help me get out of a jam. I bought a seat toledo a few days. Started hearing a knocking noise from front passenger side wheel. I thought it was the ball joint.....but to my horror it was that someone changed the brakes and snapped the bolts that hold the pads in place. Must have drilled out the old bolt and then retapped a big hole and just made some bolts to hold on the brakes. Not a safe job at all as the brakes were hanging off.

The only way I can repair is too change the whole hub. I have been quoted $220 + vat by dealers.

I was wondering if I could use vw bora hub on my seat toledo - I cant find a seat toledo one anywhere at the breakers. MY toledo is 2003 1.8 se 20 v. Which hub from the bora would I need 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0 model. I can supply you reg number and chassis number if you need. Please help me as I am car less at the moment.

Kind regards Vesh.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i would take a stab and ask as you described whats happened then yours is the style labelled 8a in the pic above ? but at a glance it appeasr that type doesn tally up with the model you described . . . hmmm

ill email ya for the details and we'll see if we can sort it out for ya

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
email sent with some pics i hope help

if you get stuck gimme a shout or if possible send me a pic of the hub/caliper and ill work it out from there

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members