Mk3 1.4 Dark Grey Seat Ibiza Chill - 100,000 miles!!

Damo 85

Jul 31, 2010
Hmm :think: an interesting thought, but maybe a bit too much work required

A day with mates helping? take ur lights out, mask up windows etc.. I've always wanted to give it a go but never got round to it... lol

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
TJ, if you want to get the car looking tidy cheaply, best way is Vinyl. Then you can have any colour/effect from matte to mirror finish, and any colour. Could even do Harlequin if you really fancied!

TeeJay

TJ
Oct 21, 2010
Cliftonville (Margate), Kent
haha there's a harlequin drives round where I live! :D I'm not too sure I like it though...Should I wrap my whole car basically then? Actually there is a mk5 ibiza I think on here that is matt wrapped in orange...dont know if it would look good in grey though...it's an interesting thought but I think it would take a bit of money to get enough vinyl and then do I wrap it or get someone to do it? If I do it it could take ages and look awful, if I get someone else to do it I'd have to pay them...:think: my head hurts lol

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Really? I thought it was generally 300-350 less. Lol. Ignore me then. Must've misread the price, either that or the prices have gone up.

TeeJay

TJ
Oct 21, 2010
The trouble is I will spend x-amount of money making it look nice again and then that night I park the car and it gets keyed or drawn on or kicked or whatever and I've wasted lots of cold hard cash :cry:

TeeJay

TJ
Oct 21, 2010
As much as it pains me to see the outside of my car looking bad I'm going to focus my time/energy and money on tidying up the interior I think.

Plans:
Blue Half-leather cupra seats
New Speakers (done)
Sort out the head-unit
Tidy up the grab-handles
Re-do carbon fibre rear veiw (done)
Matching handbrake gaiter (sort of done)
Clean!!! :D
:think: anything else... I dunno that will do me for now...

Oh yeah and I've got rear mudflaps on order from SERE :) So when they arrive, hopefully this week, I'll get them fitted (done)

Last edited:

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
As much as it pains me to see the outside of my car looking bad I'm going to focus my time/energy and money on tidying up the interior I think.

Plans:
Half-leather cupra seats
New Speakers
Sort out the head-unit
Tidy up the grab-handles
Re-do carbon fibre rear veiw
Matching handbrake gaiter
Clean!!! :D
:think: anything else... I dunno that will do me for now...

:lol: I was just writing out a post saying you should do that. Here's a principle of things I'm doing; If it can be taken off of this car and interchanged with a cupra, I'll do it. That way, When I get the cupra (yes, when) I'll be able to swap all the bits over and have 1x stock 1.4 and 1x my unique Cupra :D

TeeJay

TJ
Oct 21, 2010
Bonnet Bra fitted (not quite tight yet):

Image094.jpg

and I did the rear 's' badge in carbon fibre and removed the 'chill' sticker

Image096.jpg

Last edited:

TeeJay

TJ
Oct 21, 2010
Spent ages clearing all the junk out of the garden, brought the car round the back and into said cleared garden, got it as close to the kitchen door and then used several extension cables to get the hair dryer to the car lol, far to much effort

TeeJay

TJ
Oct 21, 2010
Its up to you, I'm not gonna say no to help lol. Oh yeah and there's a head unit that STILL needs doing!!! (Its on the list alrite :p) :lol: You aren't really down this way though are you? You'd have to actually plan to come down

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Its up to you, I'm not gonna say no to help lol. Oh yeah and there's a head unit that STILL needs doing!!! (Its on the list alrite :p) :lol: You aren't really down this way though are you? You'd have to actually plan to come down

Aye, it's a bit out of the way, but it's no problem, I've been to Hounslow for wheels before, helping out a fellow mk3 brother in Margate is a pleasure rather than a chore! Have you got the HU? Makes the job easier, just save up a couple of mods and we'll knock them all out in one afternoon and go see a live band in one of the pubs in the evening (That'll keep the gf happy ;))

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Yeah I've got everything I need to do it, I think, I'll have another look over the guide to be sure...

TBH, the only thing you need is the HU, and a power ISO plug to split off. Everything else can be fabricated :) I'll bring my dremel :p

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.