MK3 Audio soundproofing advice please

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
im looking for some advice on what soundproofing, where to put it and what layers to make the inside of my car (mk3 ibiza cupra) sound a little less noisy, any help would be appreciated so much,

ive heard of skinz, dynamat, second skin and brown bread, but theres a whole world of products out there,

chris

please pm replies or email me on [email protected]

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
where you want to cover all depends on the setup you have.
sub?majority of boot (floor and sides)
replacement comps?both doors
boot would need panels doing also

ive only ever used dynamat myself but skinz is another popular one.believe it or not b and q do a similar product you can use (isnt as good but if you dont want to fork out as much is ideal)

matt

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
carpet underlay is a cheap way of doing this if you see a carpet world van or somehting like tht and ask niceley you may get the offcuts for free i did

Audio Advice

sound deadening

Use Dynamat Extreme for your panels and if your budget permits then add Dynaliner to the plastic trims and door cards :D

It works very well - just take some time and apply it correctly (no need to over do it and cover every square inch)

Makes a massive difference ;)

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
i have been looking at second skin and dynamat stuff was gonna do my boot which is tiny, rear 1/4's doors and maybe some lining on the roof like sludge stuff or thin matting just to get rid of the flex in it, nothing to overkill just want a quiet cabin,

sortu

Got To Love Diamond Audio
Jan 5, 2009
Milton Keynes
couple of people on here have used, marleys roof lining from places like B&Q and focus, meant to be quite good, and only 12pound for a large roll

Audio Advice

Sound deadening

The flashing tape or Marley stuff is very messy. When it gets hot it starts to go soft and can make a real mess.

As said get yourself some Dynamat Extreme - great stuff and easy to apply with minimal heat.

We used some Skinz today which is distributed through Four - but found it cumbersome and very very heavy by comparison. It needs to be heated to almost burning to maximise its performance. Not very good at all ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.