mk3 ibiza cupra headlights

Apr 12, 2008
Here in Croatia headlights are very expensive, especially original Cupra ones...ive heard that u can put them in the owen so they heat up, and then you can open them...never tried though...

cupracaddy

aw ok then wanna open them to do a little tweak to the insides lol ill have to buy a set and have a go putting them in the oven sounds like a laugh

thanks

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
it is ok to put them in oven as the heat softens up the bonding glue so the can be parted a few people have done this as they have changed the inside colour

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
as long as the lenses are glass (which they are) and not plastic then wack them in the oven

Ive done it loads of times with other cars

I did my cupra lights to reaseal them as one was condensating inside

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Anyone know how much OE Cupra headlights retail at?

mine too are plastic could do with resealing one of the headlights as it keeps on getting condension in it[:@] may be do it when jake resprays the car:D

This might be air getting in from behind the lens through the cover? Are they properly secured and are all bulbs seated correctly?

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
Anyone know how much OE Cupra headlights retail at?

This might be air getting in from behind the lens through the cover? Are they properly secured and are all bulbs seated correctly?

from what i can see robbie looks to be seated ok may run a bit of silicone around the outside of the bulb see if that does anything only seems to be the drivers side

Apr 12, 2008
here in Croatia cheap noname low quality copy of non-cupra headlight is around 80£
i belive that original cupra headlight would be at least 200-250£..

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
Im going to be doing the oven technique soon, it does work.

When i split my corsa lights i used a head gun but i tried the same with a ibiza headlight i got free and the glue was much stiffer so didnt work.

cupracaddy

thanks for all the tips gonna give it a go :) hope they dont melt

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.