mk3 ibiza stero install help

elliot

Hi there, i have just bought a 2001 ibiza sport 1.6 with the built in radio heater control unit, after some thought i have decided im going to create a complete instal from stratch as it there wasnt a stereo there to begin with, Obviously mounting the headunit somewhere different, what my real question is to the great minds of the forums is, From what ive read i can take a positive and switched live and even the earth i need from a plug underneath the steering wheel is this correct? if not where can i find a positive and switched live without disturbing the original stereo in anyway i plan to fit completely seperate speakers and a sub so it will be as if it has two stereos so to speak, also be a plus that i can take it all out when i sell and i wont have buggered up the heater unit, i could be living in cloud 9 and this may not work but in my head if i can take a + live and switched and an earth from the ignition i cant see any reason i wouldnt be able to do this, i spose like wiring central locing into an old car (taking the lives and earth etc) but a stereo, sorry if this thread doesnt make sense to anyone but ive tried to explain best i can

Thanks Ellz

(Also when i do it ill photo document it and upload a guide incase anyone else might wanna do summit silly like this to lol)

elliot

Is there a diagram or something that will show me where these are in the fuse box, the wiring part imfine with just want to be sure i get the right connections to start off with,

Thanks again

scottthurlow

scott
Jan 12, 2010
birmingham
could u not just splice into the original headunit using a seperate iso, so it can be taken out but its only runnin one player?? i think thats rite

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
not wise to take it off original wiring if your attaching it to 2 sources.its only good for 10amp
adding another source will double it hence the need for from the fuse box
get a multimeter and test what is ignition and permanent
your fusebox lid should list what is what

scottthurlow

scott
Jan 12, 2010
birmingham
would u ben happy to wire stuff up etc if i came to urs???
u the only person who seems to no what they doin lol
i can do most of it myself but would need some guidance, would be good to meet a few people too!

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
have a look in the ibiza section buddy as said above there are loads of thread covering these things on the ibiza's-believe theres one thread that says everything with regards to amping speakers,removing radio,etc

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise