MK4 Brake Upgrades

dave_chandler

Out of interest has anyone done the conversion on a 2.0 sport?
Does anyone have anypictures of the hub on a 2.0 sport so I can see the difference between mine and pd130 for instance?
Cheers dave

dave_chandler

Out of interest has anyone done the conversion on a 2.0 sport?
Does anyone have anypictures of the hub on a 2.0 sport so I can see the difference between mine and pd130 for instance?
Cheers dave

mattydebb123

When you change to 312mm you can still use the original hoses.

Some people have said they are too tight on full lock, to solve this take a bit of your old brake fluid, pour it onto the middle hose retaining gromit and you can then slide it back up the hose, (away from the caliper end) and you should then have enough slack in the line to get full lock without a problem.

matt.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
surely spreading brake fluid around the hose is not a good idea as brake fluid is a corrosive........ most tt set ups come with hoses anyway so might aswell use them as they fit straight on

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
When you change to 312mm you can still use the original hoses.

Some people have said they are too tight on full lock, to solve this take a bit of your old brake fluid, pour it onto the middle hose retaining gromit and you can then slide it back up the hose, (away from the caliper end) and you should then have enough slack in the line to get full lock without a problem.

matt.

i think WD40 might be a better lubricant.....

danmarley

Aug 26, 2006
Hi Guys,

Upgraded to TT 312mm's a month or so ago on the 19TDi sport, F*#k me what a differance!

Got the old calipers carriers sat in a box in the garage. is there any use for em?? can they be used on lower spec ibiza or out?

Was thinking bout stickin' em on here or ebay, but if there no use to anyone i'll take em down to scappy.

Cheers

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Hi Guys,

Upgraded to TT 312mm's a month or so ago on the 19TDi sport, F*#k me what a differance!

Got the old calipers carriers sat in a box in the garage. is there any use for em?? can they be used on lower spec ibiza or out?

Was thinking bout stickin' em on here or ebay, but if there no use to anyone i'll take em down to scappy.

Cheers

good luck trying to sell them as for a lower spec car will need to change hubs to be able to fit them in which case they will go straight to 312mm. been trying to shirft mine for months now

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
hi guys i just got seat sport calipers carriers disc,s pads evan got hubs, i am putting them on my fr 20v do i need new brake lines? or is it strate swop?

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
i got 17" if i need spaces ill get them, but thanks. Dose anyone no cose i dont want to fill this thread up with silly coments.

Hudy_CZ

I fitted Porsche 4 pot calipers, rears from 996. They would fit 312mm to 325mm discs. Was looking good, but I wasnt satisfied with it. Maybe they were not in best condition or I dont know what. So now, I have 312x25mm

brzdy1.JPG

brzdy.JPG

needed calipers
pads (I had Pagid)
carriers
hosses (from 288/312 wont fit)

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Today i have fitted finally my TT brakes and replaced the brake fluid by DOT5.1.

before

dsc01227mediumak3.jpg

after

dsc01224mediumfe6.jpg

I'm confused now

My calipers on my 130TDi sport look just like the 312mm set up on here (AFTER pic) but they are only 288mm discs (yes i have measured them)

Does this mean I might be lucky enough to just need carriers and discs to go to 312mm ?

Did Seat use two different types of caliper for the 288mm standard brake setup ?

Last edited:

ivorbign

Ive got 312mm 4 pot Brembo brakes, the same as the LCR :D they are scary to stamp on as you can never tell how good the person behind you can stop!! haha

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
I'm confused now

My calipers on my 130TDi sport look just like the 312mm set up on here (AFTER pic) but they are only 288mm discs (yes i have measured them)

Does this mean I might be lucky enough to just need carriers and discs to go to 312mm ?

Did Seat use two different types of caliper for the 288mm standard brake setup ?

I don`t know if SEAT used two types but my research suggests that to up a 288mm setup to 312 you will definately need the ATE calipers AND carriers from a TT mk1/Octavia VRS mk1/ mk4 Anniversary or an early S3.

I just got all my stuff together and should be fitting it soon. My calipers are from an Octy VRS, carriers from a TT.