MK4 Brake Upgrades

AngelOCC

Mar 27, 2011
Yeah, looking at other peoples pictures I can see that im missing them now somebody had said.

I brought these from ebay but the advert didnt say that they wouldnt come with the carriers...they are like another £100+ from ebay.

Ive messaged the seller to say that im not happy, and currently looking on ebay to see where I stand with my purchase.

digby130?

pocket rocket
Aug 10, 2008
exeter/london
i am thinking of purchasing the 312mm TT brakes, but am confused over what brake discs to get - because ive seen 312mm x 22m, 312mm x 28mm, 312 x 25mm on fleabay and wondering what the difference was?

cheers!

IAH-FR

I have a 2006 ibiza FR PD130 remapped to 180BHP and my current brakes are done. My dealer gave me a quote of £355 for a standard replacement so i am looking to upgrade as they all need replaced. From reading the above, the TT kit seems to be the one to go for. Can anyone tell me if they fit under the standard 17' FR alloys? and what all parts i need to get? from what i have picked up so far i need callipers, discs and pads? would i need new hoses also?

What kind of price would the whole set come to?

Thanks!

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
You will get your fr wheels over the brakes no problem

SAM_0511.jpg

Will fit over 16s aswel

408197_229795637097927_100002024771105_499196_1419304290_n.jpg

parts wise

calipers
discs
pads
Brake hoses

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
There's a few people with grooved or drilled yes.

I'm not sure about MK2, I know it has a different stud pattern though so the discs wouldn't fit.

splash

Aug 11, 2011
I have 1.9tdi ibiza 74kw, and i have 256mm discs, and i am wondering if its possible to upgrade them to cupra 312 or fr, i thik they are 288. i was thinking to boy the callipers from s3, but they dont fit...

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
I have 1.9tdi ibiza 74kw, and i have 256mm discs, and i am wondering if its possible to upgrade them to cupra 312 or fr, i thik they are 288. i was thinking to boy the callipers from s3, but they dont fit...

To upgrade the calipers you will need to change the hubs. Something to do with the carrier for your brakes at the moment will be part of the hub. If you already have some S3 brakes I'd just look for some fr or cupra hubs

Other option being just better discs and pads

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
This thread is very helpful!

I have just bought a set of mk1 tt 225 calipers, carriers and pads of ebay!

So just to make sure I dont get the wrong ones... Brake discs wise i will need to buy tt ones yes and they will be the right wheel pcd and all that? (i have read this thread and am pretty sure but cant afford to get it wrong!)

Also I dont think the brakes will be coming with hoses, i read a few pages back that the standards cause problems on full lock, would you advise new ones? basically are the standard fr ones safe to use?

Thanks, Will

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
This thread is very helpful!

I have just bought a set of mk1 tt 225 calipers, carriers and pads of ebay!

So just to make sure I dont get the wrong ones... Brake discs wise i will need to buy tt ones yes and they will be the right wheel pcd and all that? (i have read this thread and am pretty sure but cant afford to get it wrong!)

Also I dont think the brakes will be coming with hoses, i read a few pages back that the standards cause problems on full lock, would you advise new ones? basically are the standard fr ones safe to use?

Thanks, Will

TT discs are fine yes :)

I'm just using the TT hoses as they came with mine so I can't help you there

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Ok sweet thanks! saves me a few quid! sorry bout all the questions but... 5.1 dot brake fluid the one to go for?

Does brake fluid operate better between certain heats? if so could racing 5.1 fluid actually make braking worse unless its heated up through use of brakes? (I may be being really dense :lol: I dont really know anything about brakes!)

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Check the actual boiling point of the fluid your looking at. Plenty of dot4 fluid has a higher boiling point than dot 5.1 stuff.

I switch between ATE super blue and SRF660

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.