Mk5 Golf or TD130 Mk4 Ibiza?

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
Well I've currently got a 1.2 Mk4 Ibiza & its a brilliant car, but will an increase in income I'm considering either of the above.

Ibiza Pro's/Con's:

+Good Value
+Based on VW Chassis/Parts.

-Not the best quality build construction (interior).
-Looks awful in 5 dr.

Now I know I'm going to get biased views, but a MK5 5 Dr Golf 1.9 TDI would surely be a great quality motor without the negatives of the Ibiza from my personal experience?

Are the later models of MK4 Ibiza any better in build quality & construction?

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Well I've currently got a 1.2 Mk4 Ibiza & its a brilliant car, but will an increase in income I'm considering either of the above.

Ibiza Pro's/Con's:

+Good Value
+Based on VW Chassis/Parts.

-Not the best quality build construction (interior).
-Looks awful in 5 dr.

Now I know I'm going to get biased views, but a MK5 5 Dr Golf 1.9 TDI would surely be a great quality motor without the negatives of the Ibiza from my personal experience?

Are the later models of MK4 Ibiza any better in build quality & construction?

Well for a start the Golf is much bigger and more expensive car, so not entirely sure you can compare the two fairly. Surely Golf vs. Leon is what you should be looking at, or polo vs. Ibiza.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
I would say the Golf is prob the better car but both cars are good motors and are chalk and cheese image wise.
The Golf is the more solid grown up family car with a nicer interior and the Ibiza is the runt of the litter thats kinda never grown up :D

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
The 1.9 tdi engine only seems to produce 105 bhp as standard :headhurt:

Think it would be possible to get 200 bhp + out of the engine?
(More powerful turbo, remap, new exhaust system, injectors etc)

Or would it be costly?

I think the Golf is on the cards as it looks good as a 5 door car & having a 3 door bezza is a nightmare when people need to get in the back, the 5 door version just doesn't look right imo.

The build quality also seems to be on the next level up in comparison with the golf.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I just can't warrant the extra cost of the VW badge over the SEAT badge. Why does the same car with the same spec, same engine, same year cost a couple of grand more?

If you don't want the Skoda badge, have you considered the A3? Or if you really want a five door (and don't like the 5 door Ibiza), it does sound like the Leon would suit you better.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Why does the same car with the same spec, same engine, same year cost a couple of grand more?

Unfortunately that's good marketing for you - convincing people that a product is worth more (not always better ) just because it carries a different branding.

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
What's wrong with Skoda?

I lowered myself to the brand and they're better made than Seat... I had one for 4 years...

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
What's wrong with Skoda?

I lowered myself to the brand and they're better made than Seat... I had one for 4 years...

At the end of the day its a skoda, and no matter how much you bang on about how good skodas are nowadays, or how much better made they are than SEATs, Its still a skoda. :funk:

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
At the end of the day its a skoda, and no matter how much you bang on about how good skodas are nowadays, or how much better made they are than SEATs, Its still a skoda. :funk:

I have to admit I'm pretty Anal too about the brand name. There good cars, but the name just isn't good for your rep.

So what do you drive... A skoda :happy:

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire

I think the vrs is one of the best "Q" cars ever ;)

People go :-o when getting canned by a Skoda :lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise