MK6 Seatbelt safety issue

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Posted on here yesterday.

Only affects current Ibiza and Arona.

Strangely, nothing announced to the dealer network by SEAT UK yet...

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Anyone actually had a recall notice in for this? I know ours is part of the recall as I checked on the gov/dvla website but heard nothing from Seat or the selling dealership.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Am sure someone on here has taken their car in for this..... the solution was a cable tie so I believe!

McSwanky

Apr 16, 2018
I've still had nothing from SEAT or dealer, pretty shoddy considering this is a safety issue. Sent SEAT UK an email to find out why I was never informed, and what I need to do to fix.

has everyone else but me had a direct communication? :sleepy:

McSwanky

Apr 16, 2018

Thanks for the reply!

Do you know why some have had a letter and some haven't? Given that the advice is not to use the middle seat for safety reasons, you'd have thought a letter would have gone out quick smart to anyone with an affected model? Seems a bit strange, and could turn into a PR disaster if an incident occurred, and SEAT hadn't sent out letters when they were made aware of the fault...

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I’ve had 2 letter and car is going in to get the work done as part of the 1st service. I guess it’s possibly not all cars are affected depending on batch of the part and batch of the cars.

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
Speak of the devil... Just received a letter from SEAT UK today. It advises that the current solution (I assume the cable tie fix mentioned in the Arona forum) is only an interim solution until a permanent solution is put in place.

IMG_20180731_175242.jpg

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I received my letter today aswell!

My car is already booked into the garage on Friday but not sure if I want them to 'fix' this until a better solution is found... never use the middle seat anyway.

McSwanky

Apr 16, 2018
Ha! My letter dropped through the door yesterday. Some sort of timescale on a permanent fix would be nice - not sure there's any point in getting the temporary fix done as the advice is still not to use the middle seat even after it's been completed...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Bit of a major flaw though if you used all the seats all the time.... could you potentially reject the car?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.