MKII Leon FR - 40K Service?

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Not sure how much the service was as I had the air-con serviced at the same time. The total price was £246.

clarkeg

Jul 27, 2008
Armagh, N. Ireland
Not sure about the FR's but my 140 tdi sport needed 3 filters (air, fuel and oil) and an oil change (40k service). Parts cost me £37 from local seat dealership, local vat registered mechanic done it all for £45 all in :) Would have cost £150 + vat from seat with parts all in, saved myself £102 by going elsewhere but still keeping my warranty as I used seat parts and a vat registered mechanic to do the fitting.

Clarke

Last edited:

clarkeg

Jul 27, 2008
Armagh, N. Ireland
Well, I just got quoted £290 inc VAT for this... I'm thinking that's a bit excessive!!! :(

lol ask them to get you a breakdown of that figure, I done the same, total was £150 + vat, that was £37 for parts and the rest labour but then I asked what they charge for labour and it was £55 +vat per hour lol roll on seat :p

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I think last time I went there, it was £70 p/h +vat. I might pay them a visit then and ask for a breakdown!

Thing is, on the 30k service they charged £62 + VAT for OIL!!! 6 x 1L bottles, cheeky sods left me one in the front seat, lol! :)

SEATgod

If you drive an FR, then you have to use something known as 507.00 oil, which is quite dear but is approved for use with a DPF........do NOT use anything less....at your peril!! - Hence £62 for oil!

I recommend you visit your dealership and ask them to quote you!

Remember parts and labour times will be sold at set prices but Dealers labour rates vary quite dramatically according to location!! The Dealers should be able to compile you a comprehensive and competitivequote!!

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Thanks - just called another dealers up and got quoted £220!
So I've called the original dealers and asked them to price match it. I'm awaiting a call back now, lol!

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Ted Johnson in Barnsley have been very good. I have had two services on my 57FRTDI, each costing me around £130 inc vat and parts. Go to the website and register with them to get a further 10% discount as well.

Mike Shaw
FR170, Crono, 18", BT, Alu Trim, Cupra Grill, Muddies and Mats

nobba

Jul 11, 2007
Barnsley
I go to the Ted Johnson one too and they are very good prices. Like Mike said the first 2 were under £130 and you get a upgraded courtesy car whilst yours is in if you wish. It depends what model year your car is tho I think 07 and above get them cheaper as there is less involved in the service.

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Update for this post.

Just booked 40K service (already) for my 57 Leon FRTDI with Ted Johnson Seat in Barnsley and including 10% Seatcupra.net discount, total cost will be £175 inc vat and all parts (inc pollen filter).

Also got a quote from JCT Seat in Wakefield (new dealer) just to check prices and they quoted me £260, stating that I needed an air filter and diesel filter change as well. Just looked in my book on that and looks like these guys are trying to pull a fast one on me (unless you guys know otherwise).

So, sticking with Ted J, who have always had good prices and top quality service.

Mike
FR170, Crono, Cupra Grill/Bumper, 18", BT, Armrest, Alu Pack, Muddies n Mats.

Pheo

Sep 11, 2009
Bear in mind that 40k is the current cambelt change interval... unless you hit 4 years first.

I was surprised by this, and its not an insignificant cost so don't forget to plan for it!

nobba

Jul 11, 2007
Barnsley
Does this not depend on what model year your car is? I know after model year 07 that the servicing prices came down compared to those before.

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Bear in mind that 40k is the current cambelt change interval... unless you hit 4 years first.

I was surprised by this, and its not an insignificant cost so don't forget to plan for it!

Are you sure the Cambelt is at 40k?

I thought it was 60 or 80 - I haven't got my service book to hand to check.....

Pheo

Sep 11, 2009
It may well be 60k and I'm getting my 4s muddled.

However I'm pretty sure its not 80k...

And its definately four years which catches out anyone on low milage!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.