Modifications for the FR - must haves and some info required

MatG

Jul 31, 2007
www.astraownersclub.com
The car will be with us for 1st of March.

Black FR Tdi

what are the must have mods??

Front Grill - I want to get rid of the chrome and badge - what grills are avaiable?

Suspension - I will go with the eibach pro set up as I can get it cheap - I would imagine they are good on the Leon?

Alloys - Whats the tech spec on the standard wheels (18's on ours) Width? ET? PCD? Tyre size? Whats the maximum width people have got away with?

Interior - I would like some chrome speaker grills to lighten the interior slightly, I am not to keen on arm rests to be honest, what else works well?

Other external mods - debadge the rear, colour code the mirror covers any other must haves?

Any pictures/links to pictures would be great, as will any ideas you may have :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The car will be with us for 1st of March.

Black FR Tdi

what are the must have mods??

Front Grill - I want to get rid of the chrome and badge - what grills are avaiable?

Suspension - I will go with the eibach pro set up as I can get it cheap - I would imagine they are good on the Leon?

Alloys - Whats the tech spec on the standard wheels (18's on ours) Width? ET? PCD? Tyre size? Whats the maximum width people have got away with?

Interior - I would like some chrome speaker grills to lighten the interior slightly, I am not to keen on arm rests to be honest, what else works well?

Other external mods - debadge the rear, colour code the mirror covers any other must haves?

Any pictures/links to pictures would be great, as will any ideas you may have :)

Cupra engine and K04 turbo :lol:

Joking aside, depends if you are interested in styling or performance. If you are going to tune it, you should drive it standard for a while first so you appreciate the increase in performance.

MatG

Jul 31, 2007
www.astraownersclub.com
ah, but Cupra's dont come in a diesel guise do they ;)

Going for both style and performance but it wont be extensively modified. As for driving it first its only 170BHP hardly light speed, so could always do with more. I will remap it once the DPF issue is resolved though.

Last edited:

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Interior - the GTI / Cupra pedals look good are easy to do and cost about £75. Also exterior the side skirts from the BTCC kit look really nice. I paid £380 for them fitted and painted. I have both on mine. Both are covered on this forum in some detail if you do a search.

Maestro

Dec 16, 2007
suspension - eibach - very good choice - you will be suprised how good they are on FR!
interior - alu vents + alu dekor for the door
debage if you like it, for me black fr goes with alu front grill and silver mirror covers...
i would put on the side skirts from aero kit and some good rims if you want to change them..

have a great ride! ;-)

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Its basically a smaller version of it, but it is proper good quality mesh rather than the black plastic section you can buy from Seat that fits under your original grille. This is a whole new grille that comes pre meshed. You just gotta decide whether to put an ''S'' on it or not. Ireckon a black leon would look better without the ''S'' and left just black

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
is the Btcc kit the same as the aero kit?

any pictures of the door trim kit?

Moley I like your grill does the mesh match the bumper mesh?

Yes the BTCC kit is the same as the aero kit.

Pics of the door trim kit, do a search there are plenty on here.

dshiels

Is there anywhere you can get the Honda S2000 aerial (apart from a Honda dealer)?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise