Modifications for the FR - must haves and some info required

dshiels

Just ordering an aerial from that supplier, it noted it was for a leon but most the aerials seem to be universal with either a 5mm or 6mm fitment option.

Does the existing aerial just screw off?

dshiels

Sorry this is probably a really stupid question, but I tried to change my aerial this morning and I unscrewed it but it only unscrewed for far and then just turns and doesn't come off any further. I don't want to yank at it and end of breaking something.

Not sure if it was incorrected threaded when it was fitted at the factory or if there is something else I should be doing?

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Sorry this is probably a really stupid question, but I tried to change my aerial this morning and I unscrewed it but it only unscrewed for far and then just turns and doesn't come off any further. I don't want to yank at it and end of breaking something.

Not sure if it was incorrected threaded when it was fitted at the factory or if there is something else I should be doing?

I think there is an anti theft thing in it so you have to give it a good yank to get the aerial off. Donnyboy had a problem with his and he said that the only way round it was to give it a good tug.
Alex

dshiels

Thank Alex, got it sorted, bit of a wiggle and tug and hey presto!

dshiels

Sorry can't follow that link.

I ordered item nr 120228282451 and it fits fine and radio reception is still fine

dshiels

Sorry it will be next weekend before I get some pics.

The link H8T WP posted for for a chrome one, although that auction has expired there are plenty similar on ebay. Most of them come with different fitment screws, 4, 5 and 6mm. I wouldn't swear but I think the Leon is 5mm.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.