F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Getting there..........

The cage install is complete:) .

DSCF0002-1.jpg

Spent yesterday fabricating up the mounts for the 'C' pillers, discovered somthing has got a bit of a twist in it as the rear triangulation wasnt 'square' to the rest of the cage :think: got it within reason and carried on

DSCF0006.jpg

bit of a gap to fill but seeing as its an ex Rockingham Mk3 Ibiza cage for the costly sum of £50, I cant really complain:D - again the mounts fab'd from 3mm mild steal with captive nuts and fully seam welded.

DSCF0007.jpg

'A' Piller mount

DSCF0004.jpg

'B' piller mount

Handling wise the car is more reponsive & tighter, seems to feel I have more grip too:)

DSCF0008.jpg

Got a lovly bit of bling Carbon fibre to separate the boot from the cabin, kindly donated my m0rk (cheers bud)

Got another Bucket seat ordered, this time a Corbeau Pro Series Excel to go with another TRS Magnum harness, - I hope I dont a have a repeat experience with my 'Sprint' seat :no:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Harness is paid for, so cant really renage - and its the one I really want.

toying with a rieger bumper but theis other bits & bobs I'd rather get done first

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Reiger bumper - hmm - bit low if you ask me - I have one that got ripped off on a driveway and has 3 cracks in it - repairable probably but not putting it on again as I like hitting the curbs too much and it would only come off again - its kiwi - I could be persuaded to let it go for not much cash
Cheers
Rob

ps - good job on the cage there stu !

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
I swapped the f2 bumper with m0rk as I was deeply paranoid on ripping it off as it was less than 4" off the deck.

I'm looking to get another bumper, most likely the correct shape one for the car and mod it to accept ducts for brake cooling etc, but really do like the look Rieger one:think:

Whatever i go for wont happen til I start grafting a Williams clio bulge into another bonnet so I dont visit the bodyshop twice.

how many crates would persuade you?:D

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Fitted a new seat yeasterday, a Corbeau Pro Series Excel in black ordered from www.sportseats4u.com - some good prices and delivered within a week -good stuff.

proseries.jpg

The seat itself fitted with ease as it was striaght swap with the Sprint Excel -its way more comfier too so much so I'm getting another one and the Sprint is up for sale.

Another job that I have to do is make new door bars as the seat is in the way -simple afternoon's job but sourcing 1 3/4" pipe is expensive for some reason and noon of our suppliers 'do' it :think:

It's not long to the 'Ring now and me being organised has done a to-do list to get it ready and its some list at that!

Next stop - Checker floor plates

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
you should take a look at me new rad - no bonnet intake needed anymore ;)

newrad2.jpg

newrad1.jpg

Going to build an airbox to house that custon ITG panel filter and rigidly mount it under the slam panel, the bottom of the airbox will form the top securing surface for the rad (6 x m6 fixings on top of rad). Filter will face directly forward into airstream for max ramair effect. Airbox will house rampipes and then will use flexy silicone hoses to connect each inlet to the engine. This will also make the rampipes very long = max midrange punch.

Thats the plan anyhow - can you weld ali stu ?

Ave it

Rob

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
The reason behind modding the bonnet by grafting a clio williams 16v bulge to it - is to give clearence to the filter arrangement Ive gone for and the engine being a tallblock 16v

Ive allready sourced a one by buying a genuine bonnet off ebay for £24 and then cut up the bonnet to in his back yard to get it in the boot-his face was a picture:D

I'm planning to drop the existing rad or get a rad arrangment like that - :drool:

and then deflect the air passing through the gill into the filter

Bet that cost a bit - I wonder if Brise will knock me up one of those:think:

Tried ally welding found it a reeeeet PITA:(

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
F2 Stu said:
The reason behind modding the bonnet by grafting a clio williams 16v bulge to it - is to give clearence to the filter arrangement Ive gone for and the engine being a tallblock 16v

Ive allready sourced a one by buying a genuine bonnet off ebay for £24 and then cut up the bonnet to in his back yard to get it in the boot-his face was a picture:D

I'm planning to drop the existing rad or get a rad arrangment like that - :drool:

and then deflect the air passing through the gill into the filter

Bet that cost a bit - I wonder if Brise will knock me up one of those:think:

Tried ally welding found it a reeeeet PITA:(

Forgot you was on tallblock....its bad enough on a shortblock. Its tricky to drop the std rad - had a good look at it before spending the £400 on that rad - not bad conbsidering it has the 2 fans with it also but certainly not cheap admitted - the problem with dropping the std rad is the front engine crossmember - to get access to the coolant pipes you have to drop the bottom pipe below the crossmember, approx 6" or so - this IMO leaves it very exposed to damage - I didn't fancy the risk - mine is a 96 car though and has both coolant pipes on the same side, later cars are I think different but you may have the same issue

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.