My Engine Bay Pics (Ibiza Cupra MK3)....

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Hey All,

For Christmas I got some Auto Glym Engine Cleaner....

engine-cleaner.jpg

My engine bay has been the let down for a while with my motor, to be honest I am not into engine bay bling, and I don't park up and open my bonnet all that often, however, when people ask about my car and what I've done, I open the bonnet and I must admit I used to feel embarassed!!

Dont get me wrong here, its not up to show standard or competition level, but it did a seriously good job on cleaning up my engine bay for my standards!!

Time taken = 1hr ish...
Tools = AutoGlym Engine Cleaner, 1 toothbrush, 2 cloths, 1 tub for water, 3 carrier bags, 1 x Hose !

Brief Directions

Place one carrier over battery/fuses......place another over alternator, and another over your N75.
Spray cleaner generously over engine bay, agitate all over with toothbrush/cloth combination....rinse with hose, re-apply and agitate again. Do this until your happy with the look!!
Dry with remaining cloth....

Pics below, comments welcome :)

Before:

s7000122jz4.jpg

s7000124nw1.jpg

s7000125tm3.jpg

After:

S7000295.jpg

S7000294.jpg

S7000293-1.jpg

Thanks for looking....

Mike

Last edited:

gazjones

looks good mike nice and clean now top of the engine has come up well

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
good effort mike

not sure on your cold air feed though, doesn't look very effective there? would say it would be better positioned down the wing into the front bumper next to your intercooler's pipework

Last edited:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Tip top looks great. I had a free steam clean a few months back which would've cost £60 and was thinking of paying to have done again at a later date as I was pleased with it. However, seeing your pics I might try the autoglym next time and spend the extra money elsewhere.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
looks sexy think al do the same when I get a chance, going 2 the garage 2 get some t cut anyway so might as well pick up a few bits and pieces

Triple D

Looks good mike, need to get mine done i recon, i used some of that to clean my fmic and it got it sparkling clean.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Cheers for all your comments people, I am well chuffed with how it turned out, glad it didn't cost me much too!! Means I don't mind doing it every few months/years ;)

Much better matey. Did you stop the water getting into the coilpacks anyway?

Didn't have a problem mate, obviously I took it easy with the hose, didn't flood the engine bay... just made sure I dried it OK too...

not sure on your cold air feed though, doesn't look very effective there? would say it would be better positioned down the wing into the front bumper next to your intercooler's pipework

I have another uprated feed where the standard feed would go in the wheel arch, the one you can see is just an extra feed, and it makes a difference I can tell you...It wouldn't be sufficient on its own IMO but as an extra it works well...plus to get one down next to the intercooler involves moving the battery... I believe?? :shrug:

Mike

Last edited:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yeah you could do with sliding the battery closer to the power steering bottle...takes 30 seconds lol

by looking at the picture, that feed sits behind one of the grills or by the radiator. but the grills dot pass air and the radiator will be hot :shrug:

prob wouldnt be much if any benefit relocating the feed tbh but it would be simpler and be located for a sufficient supply of cold air at the bottom of the bumper

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
yeah you could do with sliding the battery closer to the power steering bottle...takes 30 seconds lol

But then how do you secure it in place? Or you move it, position air feed, then put the battery back?

by looking at the picture, that feed sits behind one of the grills or by the radiator. but the grills dot pass air and the radiator will be hot :shrug:

It sits just above and to the left of one of the fans, getting air from/through the honeycomb...

prob wouldnt be much if any benefit relocating the feed tbh but it would be simpler and be located for a sufficient supply of cold air at the bottom of the bumper

I'll take a look next time I give her an overhaul... :)

Might look at some cheap chrome bits if I can find some but not too bothered, not gonna spend silly amounts....

Mike

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members