My Modded Boc

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
nah mate i dont think so are they good ? its ecotune doing mine

not had any dealings with them myself but another member did and had some problem and they ddnt know what vag come was :( have you tryed gracies in dontocher there a custom code dealer or if your wanting a custom map we're having a rolling road day at extreme motorsports they do them come along and talk to john and im sure he'll point you in the right direction or give you some info:D

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
pics are not uploading of the tinted lights :( but you can see them in the videos of my exhaust

stationary reving and you can see the rear tinted lights in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oatbckQojdk

acceleration from stop and you can see my tinted headlights at the end of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_0-erGvEq0

poor video quality cos i took it from my ipod but it should do sorry for the long wait guys haha!

Sounds good! Liking the tinted lights too.

Boc-Chris

Boca Boy
Jul 21, 2010
Scotland
not had any dealings with them myself but another member did and had some problem and they ddnt know what vag come was :( have you tryed gracies in dontocher there a custom code dealer or if your wanting a custom map we're having a rolling road day at extreme motorsports they do them come along and talk to john and im sure he'll point you in the right direction or give you some info:D

Ive never tried dontocher either man this is my first car. Where is extreme motorsports mate ? And when ? Cheers

ecotuneuk

Just thought i'd pop in here fella's and say hi... ;)

My name is Stan, I work for Ecotune, we are not Da$hfixer, I think they do offer tuning services but are not part of Ecotune. Chris just took his Boc away today after I spent most of the day setting up his car and his motor goes terrific... shame about the gearbox which on the face of it is a very high tech transmission the torque limitations are set quite low and the engine is capable of so much more.

We most certainly know what vagcom is :p we have just about every diagnostic tool... vcds(vagcom), mercedes star, GM tech2, BMW OPS & GT1 you name it.

The new Bocs have Bosch ME17.5.5 ecu's with the TC1766 processor which is IROM protected against OBD flash data modification. With the correct protocol and equipment this can be overcome in boot mode with the ecu on the bench. This does involve carefully opening the ecu and the job can be completed without any soldering.

For those interested the tool we use to complete this work is a CMD Flash with Tricore Boot Kit.

If anyone has any questions that they would like me to answer, i'd be delighted to do so.

Warm regards,

Stan:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Boc-Chris

Boca Boy
Jul 21, 2010
Scotland
Boc remapped :D

Got my boc remapped today by Stan at Ecotune UK :D
glad I chose to go ahead with it even though a few members on the site thought it could be risky , car feels extremely fast now and pulls very well, it will be going on a dyno at the end of the month.

I will get some vids up of 0-60 and things, i love it

I wanted to go a total different path from revo and miltek and im glad i done it now. Instead i went for a full custom exhaust by C&C + a map to suit the exhaust by Ecotune UK

:D

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
come along to the rr day on the 26th chris and bung it on the rollers your more than welcome :D

Last edited:

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
Just thought i'd pop in here fella's and say hi... ;)

My name is Stan, I work for Ecotune, we are not Da$hfixer, I think they do offer tuning services but are not part of Ecotune. Chris just took his Boc away today after I spent most of the day setting up his car and his motor goes terrific... shame about the gearbox which on the face of it is a very high tech transmission the torque limitations are set quite low and the engine is capable of so much more.

We most certainly know what vagcom is :p we have just about every diagnostic tool... vcds(vagcom), mercedes star, GM tech2, BMW OPS & GT1 you name it.

The new Bocs have Bosch ME17.5.5 ecu's with the TC1766 processor which is IROM protected against OBD flash data modification. With the correct protocol and equipment this can be overcome in boot mode with the ecu on the bench. This does involve carefully opening the ecu and the job can be completed without any soldering.

For those interested the tool we use to complete this work is a CMD Flash with Tricore Boot Kit.

If anyone has any questions that they would like me to answer, i'd be delighted to do so.

Warm regards,

Stan:)

glad to read all the stuff above stan ive spoke to you before and know you now your stuff just didnt want chris going to dashfixer and fluffin a nice car ;) all the best with the mapping:D

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
car looks great and sounds awesome. good results too.

it was me you were standing next to most of the morning.

Boc-Chris

Boca Boy
Jul 21, 2010
Scotland
car looks great and sounds awesome. good results too.

it was me you were standing next to most of the morning.

thanks a lot mate, it was nice speaking to you :D im pretty sure your pleased with your results haha

Last edited:

Boc-Chris

Boca Boy
Jul 21, 2010
Scotland
Tinted lights

eventually got the pics up of the lights as a while ago the forum wasnt letting me show them even though i was using the right code.

ive also got my windows tinted further

IMG-20110325-00139.jpg

front

NorthLanarkshire-20110328-00144.jpg

back

NorthLanarkshire-20110328-00143.jpg

phantombantam

NUFC forever!
Jan 23, 2006
Co Durham
Very nice mate. Could you answer me a question about your wheels please. What is the offset and what tyre size are you using?

Thanks in advance

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Looking good mate, is that laminx you used on the lights? Does it not reduce the effectiveness of the headlights?

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Love the look of the front, still need to be won over by the back i think.
Did you do it yourself? I've been looking into lamin-x.

Boc-Chris

Boca Boy
Jul 21, 2010
Scotland
Very nice mate. Could you answer me a question about your wheels please. What is the offset and what tyre size are you using?
Thanks in advance

the offset for my alloys is et45-48 and the tyre size it 215/35/r18 with the 215 tyre it gives it a stretched look as part of the alloy sticks out which is a pain in the :censored: when it comes to potholes, it just gets damaged. On the other hand if you go for 225, it will rub on the arches when turning so you would maybe need to put on a 20mil spacer and that would cause the alloy to stick out further than the arches hope this helps you mate.

Looking good mate, is that laminx you used on the lights? Does it not reduce the effectiveness of the headlights?

i didnt use laminx i used fly eyes which is like tinting film covered in many holes so basically it doesnt reduce the effectiveness by a lot, you can only see these tiny holes when your up close and it is really easy to apply to your lights and allows you to make many mistakes before getting it right :D

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/

hope this helps

Love the look of the front, still need to be won over by the back i think.
Did you do it yourself? I've been looking into lamin-x.

yeah i done it myself using fly eyes :) i looked at lamin-x also but it looks complicated to apply and easy to get wrong, once you get it wrong it needs to go in the bin but flyeyes you can take as many goes as you want :funk:

hope this helps

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.