My new LCR :) and i love it!!!! :)

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
Hi all,

Well after much debate on changing my LC180 for the LCR 225, i finally followed it through and i must say i aint dissappointed at all!! So pleased with the car!!!

Mods so far are:

Piper catback system
Rallytech remap (Boreham) supposedly 270-280hp
FMIC
After market air filter
Fully refurbed alloys in a one off bronzey colour :)
Just ordered my Silicone TIP as i feel the standard one is restricting boost a fair bit
These were all done before i bought the car, it was running a Bailey BOV but the ECU kept flagging it up and going into limp mode, so i changed it back to run off the TIP and replaced the Baileys for a Forge 007p :p now can have constant fun!!!

Plans are to upgrade all Boost pipes for red silicone ones, get a 3 inch downpipe and sports cat and maybe drop it a bit. O and some HIDS

I cant believe the difference between the LCR and LC180 and i know the LCR is mapped but even so, i feel like the build quality seems that little bit better lol o and turbo pull is in a different league!!!!

But what do you think of my latest addition the stripes (red)

23032010459.jpg

23032010461.jpg

28032010470.jpg

28032010469.jpg

28032010468.jpg

23032010460.jpg

Last edited:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Lovely car mate, this makes me miss my Black LCR, i think it would look evil if you lowered it abit.
What FMIC is that, Forge?

Well wear, smashin looking motor.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I'm not diggin the stripes personally but i do like the wheels. When you said bronzey colour, before I scrolled down to the pics i was thinking a much brighter colour, like Scooby wheels... Need to get mine done soonish, may go for something similar :)

Re. the mirrors, are they brushed (looks like it from the pics) or chromed?

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
Lovely car mate, this makes me miss my Black LCR, i think it would look evil if you lowered it abit.
What FMIC is that, Forge?

Well wear, smashin looking motor.

cheers mate,

its a universal one believe it or not but a great fitment. I do plan on droppin git a abit, thing is its already struggling over certain bumps rond my way witht he splitter at this height :( lol, was thinking about some BBS wheels (deep dish) but tbh i like the standard ones the way they are :)this weekend i plan to fit the TIP, and refurb my Brembos... not sure about tinting windows? all my last cars have had tints but i kinda like this one without haha

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
cheers, glad people are liking the strip, think it gives it that evil look... just needs dropping but i do think the mirrors would look better in black, planned on a honeycombe upper grille and badge kit, but plan to get a grille which matches the 2 either side of the badge inplace of the badge itself if that makes sense lol. I might save up for some BBS LM's though.....

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Looking to upgrade to an LCR too. (Just got to getone the same colour, Mrs will never know then).
Wheels look really good mate, stripe could be a grower.

Last edited:

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
Hmm well let me know if you decide to sell the brushed covers, or the bronzed wheels in that case ;)

what colour are yours mate? im after black and i might just buy some black ones instead of repainting them.... even though i do enjoy the old spray can lol, bu wont be going wild on the R. :ban:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
what colour are yours mate? im after black and i might just buy some black ones instead of repainting them.... even though i do enjoy the old spray can lol, bu wont be going wild on the R. :ban:

Take it you mean my mirrors? They're red. Probably look quite nice with that stripe on yours ;)

Did you paint your mirrors or buy them like that? I quite like the brushed metal look of the S3 mirrors, that's what I'm thinking about going for.

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
Hi all,

Well after much debate on changing my LC180 for the LCR 225, i finally followed it through and i must say i aint dissappointed at all!! So pleased with the car!!!

Mods so far are:

Piper catback system
Rallytech remap (Boreham) supposedly 270-280hp
FMIC
After market air filter
Fully refurbed alloys in a one off bronzey colour :)
Just ordered my Silicone TIP as i feel the standard one is restricting boost a fair bit
These were all done before i bought the car, it was running a Bailey BOV but the ECU kept flagging it up and going into limp mode, so i changed it back to run off the TIP and replaced the Baileys for a Forge 007p :p now can have constant fun!!!

Plans are to upgrade all Boost pipes for red silicone ones, get a 3 inch downpipe and sports cat and maybe drop it a bit. O and some HIDS

I cant believe the difference between the LCR and LC180 and i know the LCR is mapped but even so, i feel like the build quality seems that little bit better lol o and turbo pull is in a different league!!!!

But what do you think of my latest addition the stripes (red)

23032010459.jpg

23032010461.jpg

28032010470.jpg

28032010469.jpg

28032010468.jpg

23032010460.jpg

Looks very nice indeed mate. I'm saving up for a black 225BHP cupra at present, hopefully getting it next year as i've only just started my new full-time job so got a long way to go. Budget is going to be 8k at most. Below is what I want to do to my cupra when i get it.

6k HID kit.
Miltek exhaust CAT-BACK - Resonated or non resonated ( don't know yet as i dnt know which one will give a sporty loudish noise but not too noisy?
18" Audi RS4 alloys
Angel lights
custom remap to hopefully push it up to 275BHP

On the whole yours looks really nice mate and I bet goes like a rocket. :D Red stripe is nice to make ur cupra stand out from the rest. Have fun mate and let me know what u thinik to my future mods.

Chris

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.