My new Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Yellow

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
Hi,

Some of you may have noticed i posted that i had just bought a blue Ibiza but to cut a long story short i didn't buy it and began the hunt for a new cupra. I have now found one and picked this one up before excitedly posting another thread. So this really is my new car;

newcar.jpg

1168941-8.jpg

1168941-9.jpg

1168941-7.jpg

Mods so far;

Star performance remap nearly 200bhp and 251 ft/lb of torque
15mm wheeel spacers (rear)
Green cotton panel filter
HIDS 6k
Momo 280mm scene wheel

I used to have a 6n Polo so this is abit of an upgrade although i did love my polo and it did well for me winning several show and shine trophies;

polobeast.jpg

With this car I plan to put an oval exhaust on it (miltek) if they make one, Coilovers, proper air filter, boost gauge and eventually change the wheels nothing major but i will try and do lots of little touches to it. Im a clean freak so it will be getting a full overhaul throughout the week and a machine polish before Tatton NWVW on sunday if im lucky (and if gareth is reading this thread :D)

What do people reckon, any advice/mods i should do?

Last edited:

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
I do feel a little less inclined to mess with it as its so clean standard but that won't stop me. I think first thing is too give it a whack with the lowering stick. any suggestions for good set ups?

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
thanks, i have been looking at AP coilovers mainly tbh, im after some boost gauges whats the best one to go for? I quite like the digital boost gauges with the bar rather than the numerical output

Stevo16v

Jul 9, 2009
Stevenage, Herts
Nice and clean that, exactly what i wanted when i was looking for mine but couldn't find any!

Just keep it nice and clean mate, mods like the polo and you cant go wrong! That looks really nice!

First mod i did was the N249 bypass, then fmic. Just ordered some AP coilovers from awesome so il let you know in week what they are like ;)

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
Its good to hear some positive things about AP, il get some ordered after i get paid.

Noob question but i have read alot about the N249 bypass what exactly is it and what are the advantages of doing it. Forgot to mention the car has a forge re-circ valve on it i am thinking about getting a forge splitter valve instead though just for the noise

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Nice example you have there,

You will have to go for blueflame or supersprint for an oval tailpipe desgn, the millteck is a twin tail pipe that suits it well in my opinioin.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.