My New Singlepass FMIC

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi Everyone,

After having problems with my old fmic i spoke to many companies about making a single pass fmic for the mk4 tdi and everyone kept saying yea in a few months.... well i spoke to Mike at Jabba and he said bring it straight down and he would custom make me one... so i did and now......

intercooler3.jpg

I have this massive core couldn't belive they got this in there.....

He has also built in flaps on the edge of the intercooler so the air can't go anywhere but into the intercooler.....

intercooler2.jpg

you can just about see it on the right hand side..

also changed all the pipework to 2.5" alloy pipework apart from corners which are silocone for movement purposes will post a pic up in a bit of that....

Then he re-mapped it again for the 5th or 6th time :Dhere is one of the printouts....

240bhp.jpg

dunno how well you can see it but thats 240bhp and 497 nm thats with air temps of 23degrees, with regards to intake temps went out last night caning it around nearly to the limiter to see how high i could get the temps to and the highest i managed was 31 degrees the outside temp was 14 i was well impressed also it now boosts to 35psi overboost then settles down to about 31-32 but last night i did get the boost gauge roud to 40 psi [B)]

all comments welcomed....except bad ones haha joking...

Last edited:

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Your exactly right mate rather than the air coming in and going out on the same side which makes for bad air flow this one goes straight through, I couldn't belive how big the core was when i got there last night to pick it up haha

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
well.... haha it doesn't smoke as bad as it used to its more of a small puff of smoke then it stops whereas before it used to stream out constantly when i floored it so yea i suppose it has a bit.....

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
wow, that looks/sounds awesome. nothing like a nice bit of custom building :D

I can't believe how much torque can get channeled through just 2 wheels!!! you must have to be rather gentle on the old right foot!

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
call mike or nick mate see what they can do just been out racing steve and my temps didn't go above 31 sooo pleased had it boosting to 40psi this morning :D

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
well so far so good haven't had any problems yet i thought it was rated to 400 ft/lb not sure though will be getting a new clutch next year anyway when i get the torque over the 400 mark

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Whats the lag like?

I would have thought, that longer boost pipes would have made it a tad laggier?

Does look smart tho...

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
WOW! That looks nice! - They say the Seat Sport FMIC is the best too. I wouldnt mind one of them in my tdi (pm on its way). Alot of work done to it too. :coolthumb:

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Whats the lag like?

I would have thought, that longer boost pipes would have made it a tad laggier?

Does look smart tho...

Hi mate i'm not just saying this but my car has no lag atal you change gear put your foot down and it just goes straight away when i had the diesel dumpvalve on it it lagged a bit but not now although the pipes are longer they are also wider and have no tight bends the whole way round so the air flows alot lot better!!

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
WOW! That looks nice! - They say the Seat Sport FMIC is the best too. I wouldnt mind one of them in my tdi (pm on its way). Alot of work done to it too. :coolthumb:

Hi mate thanks for the nice comments good luck with yours, yea the seat sport one was "the best" but i now belive there is a new best with this thing if you ask anyone in the cooling industry what the best type of fmic is, they will say singlepass, shortest run possible and airflow although the boostrun has been increased slightly because of the bigger bore pipes and all the sharp corners removed the air actually flows better, mike told me when he rr'd the car just after he had put the fmic on before he touched the map the car moved from 228bhp to 232bhp without touching the map..... this intercooler is awesome

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
wow thats cool quite literaly..... thimk its tm e to get rid of my forge fmic lol....

like i said mate just the fmic itself put the bhp up by 4 with a good map it makes a big big difference and also helps you keep the power when you are driving hard whereas before i used to loose the power when my intake temps get to high, have you checked your intake temp levels??

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members