MY Passenger Window Fell out

mklock

Go Racers GO
Apr 1, 2004
Stevenage
A word of warning guys and Girls, if its frosty dont try opening your Electric Windows as they may snap in half.

It happened to me yesterday. I tried the window, then again and probably again and gave up. 5 Minutes later the window pain dropped down into the door panel and i froze my arse off driving 20 miles home.:doh:

Dropped it into the garage this morning and i await its fate :cry: Apparently the Motors in the doors are too powerful and this can happen.

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
Ah so the window reg clips must have given out. Its relatively common on mk4 golfs to go after some period of time, the little plastic clips on the reg holding the glass just snap. First time i've heard of it on a mk2 leon though. Hope it gets sorted mate.

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
Yeah this didnt happen to me but yesterday my window cleared of ice, but still had some down the bottom near the seal, i pressed the button to go down, and it made a bloody loud noise and i thought id broke it..seems to work ok though.

mklock

Go Racers GO
Apr 1, 2004
Stevenage
From the conversation i had with the dealer, the clips and motor are fine and holding on strong to a bit of the glass. the actual glass seems to have been pulled apart, interesting as it didn't shatter? and looks like Batfink's wing (Best description i could think of)

mklock

Go Racers GO
Apr 1, 2004
Stevenage
Ah so the window reg clips must have given out. Its relatively common on mk4 golfs to go after some period of time, the little plastic clips on the reg holding the glass just snap. First time i've heard of it on a mk2 leon though. Hope it gets sorted mate.

I think awsome you were on the right path. I have just got off the phone with the guy repairing my car, apparently the glass didn't actually break and clips are fine. Id managed to pull the glass out of the clips. The actual pain of glass is shaped in a bat wing fashion. Shows what the sales guy knew this morning. :rolleyes:

The good news is that they are doing my service a week early and not charging me for the window refit,...which is nice.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.