My R......Golf R. Now HTA GTX3071 powered

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I didn't get to see this run when I was at the Awesome RR day, damn shame because I would have liked to :(

Keep expecting to see it rolling round S Yorks but not spotted you yet.

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
Well, over the last week or so I have been logging loads of data to see where the car is and how it is running.

Fuelling - Spot on from both in-gear pulls and launch through to warp speed.
Boost - Gradually been logging and tweaking up the boost. Car runs well at 28psi :blink:no surge or fluttering like a K04, just a pure strong pull towards the next gear.
Timing - Very little timing pull and even on my highest setting the timing pull is currently under -5.

With the VBox I have managed to run unofficial 11.2@123mph repeatedly, so I am hopeful the next trip to my official 1/4 mile raceway should reap a similar time/speed.

Also with the VBox my 0-60's are consistently 3 seconds flat or just under (depending on how clean the launch is) and 0-100 varies between 6.9 and 7.2 (again depending on launch).

100-200kph varies between 7.8 - 8.1 seconds
30-130mph varies between 10.9 - 11.2 seconds

All-in-all I am awe struck by just how quick the R is, not to mention how well the engine and gearbox (DSG) are holding up.

The DSG box still doesn't have a sniff of clutch slip on GIAC's newly revised stage 3 map, which is a solid testament to just how good their map is for this.
Similarly GIAC's stage 3 BT map works very well too.

And to get an Easter quote in....."I am one very happy bunny!":D

Hurdy

Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
A great day at the Pod yesterday. 11.08 @ 124.55mph. Full weight and over half a tank of fuel.

Possibly would have been in the 10's if I'd stripped it! :shrug:

UK's quickest and fastest Golf R. [B)]

20140503_162110_zps2wxbeprk.jpg

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
UK's quickest and fastest Golf R I bet your happy about that.

You should easily be in the 10's when you have your rebuilt engine put in the car. Are you still using the standard engine to test it's limits?

Hurdy

Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
UK's quickest and fastest Golf R I bet your happy about that.

You should easily be in the 10's when you have your rebuilt engine put in the car. Are you still using the standard engine to test it's limits?

Yes I'm a very happy chappie. I reckon 10's are possible with the stock block, which is phenomenal. I am still on the stock block and still testing. Quite a few parts to try before building the engine. [B)]

Hurdy

Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
To aid going around a track, rather than "just" up a 1/4 mile strip, these have been fitted....

c16212e377ea629c8f11e4e2e3a8a2d2_zps966b38bc.jpg

Lamborghini 8 pots with HEL lines and OEM discs and pads (4 per side! ).

Rears to do next. [B)]

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
I absolutely love this beast

I need to own a golf R next, yours is just awesome.

I'm going to Statller on the 6th June for stage 2 mapping..... Up to now I've decided on revo, however the stuff GIAC software is powering (such as your R), makes me think otherwise.

Good work anyways fella

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise