My Unusual Ibiza Project

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
**** NEW PICS UPLOADED ****

How Do People?

Let me know what you think of this . . . . .

Ive had my Ibiza for Five years and mainly used it as a cheap run about to save my Cupra R / Altea FR getting messed up.

Ive recently decided to freshen up the look with it starting to look a little aged.

Now with a new change in circumstances Im looking at changing it to a Two seater with a conversion in the rear section.. wait for it !! For a dog.

Going to have a custom made cage that fits in the rear which is in effect going to turn my 1.4 Ibiza into a car-derived van.

Since these photos Ive tinted the rear windows and Im looking at painting the Brake Calipers Red. (I'll upload some pics soon)

Im sure this project with divide opinion. Im open to all your comments

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

UPDATE,

Thanks to your feedback, now also looking at fitting some nice hids too and maybe losing the red rear lights for clear ones

Keep the suggestions coming

Last edited:

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Ive had SCN stickers on my Seat's for the last Five years, it just never occurred to me to join up on here too.

Ive just tinted out the windows which meant I had to remove the SCN stickers but worry not I've ordered some new ones to replace them.

Ive just run out of idea's now. Going to paint the Brake Calipers Red when Halfords pull their fingers out and get some more paint in stock but other than that Ive nowt planned.

All idea's and suggestions welcome

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Mmm I've flirted with idea of changing the wheels. i know they are the old style Cupra ones but ive never seen them on an Ibiza (maybe for good reason) and they are immaculate with brand new tyres on all corners. What you suggesting? change to the new Cupra / FR style?

Im going to show my lack of knowledge here . . what are hids?

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
hids are high intensity discharge xenon lights - can buy them from £40 upwards of bay

If your tyres are all decent then can't blame you for wanting to keep your wheels.

Some new fr style ones would look good

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
An upgrade on the lights would be awesome . . .

Just trying to get my pics uploaded directly onto the thread without using a link

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
if you go for some hids the most popular ones are 6000k i have them on mine, and there pure white with a few tints of blue from a distance, they look awesome at night all lit up down some lanes.

Logan 5

Jun 12, 2009
West Yorkshire
Cool, I'll look into those as well.

Havent been able to do the Brake Calipers yet as Halfords are always out of stock of the red paint.

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Try using hamerite smooth red (or whatever colour you want) to do the brakes.
Used to work for halfrauds many moons ago and there stuff is piss thin and you need atleast two coats for it to look good.
Hamerite is much better in my opinion.

Dan

stevie-g

should have been more specific there lol the ibiza looks great in black nice smooth lines and sleek shape

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members