N249 bypass with stock dv

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
I want to do this but theres about 10 different ways to do it, so ive seen, and each and everytime someone shows there way theres 100+ questions asked and the final result is nobody but the guy who did the guide understands how theyve done the mod !

So basically,

Thin pipe that comes off top of the d/v is blocked off/hidden, then you run a line of pipe that comes off the inlet to the top of the dumpvalve where the old thin hose youve just blocked off used to be, the bit i dont understand is where the t piece comes into play and the breather off the pressure regulator comes into it? :rofl:

Shaz_CupraT

Fresh Import :]
Mar 5, 2012
St Helens
just done this litterally 5 mins of a job., runnin my boost gauge off it too just put another t piece in.
Can not believe the difference, spools up quicker imo, and the sound off the dv is immense.
thanks for the uber quick walk thru mate.

V.A.G.erbond

Facelifted and dropped
Jul 3, 2009
Leeds
I've just done it too. 5min. Job and took her for a spin love the sound on my forge 007p. Cost me a fiver. My only tip for easy access to bottom pipe at the front would be to remove the 2 Allen bolts on the plate in front of inlet manifold so even I could get my big hands under to slip the tubing on. All in all a great cheap mod. Thanks guys for the tip.:funk:

Oh and no error codes either

Last edited:

james_cupra

Nov 25, 2011
South Ayrshire, Scotland
Got my finger out and did this last night with some left over vac pipe. i think the most noticeable difference is the cool change of tone to my dv. Other than that i don't think i noticed much else. Pick up, up the revs seemed slightly smoother but i don't know if that's just my head making me think it was worth my time! :) Like others, just ran a second T piece for my boost gauge.

James