n249 bypass

dawson86

Jun 23, 2010
bury st edmunds
done mine today, engine code AUQ copied the pix and info from page 5 of this thread, was fine all day until this evening and engine light has come on?? checked to make sure all hose' are still connected and made sure nothing had moved, but light is still on???

dawson86

Jun 23, 2010
bury st edmunds
i had removed the bosche dv to ave a look and found that i had not tightened the jubilee clip holding it on, so hopefully when i get light switched off it will be just that? cant see any posts mentioned of having performance issues as i certainly didnt??

offitmassive

if its 4mm ID hose we need, why we need a 6mm t piece then? thinking about doing this as 1st thing in the morn it like buckaroos and jumps, and only for 30 secs or so

dreago 1

Gav
Oct 21, 2011
East Sussex
Im still not convinced, seems to work well on the lcr from however some people have got me parinoid about damaging the turbo. has anyone actually had any long term damage by doing the N249 ?

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
IMHO this mod is not worth doing. I've run it with / without and although noticed an improvement in throttle response (very slight) you are effectively removing ECU control of the boost system which protects your engine should there be future issues.

I've also RR'd the car with / without the mod ... it runs better with it installed.

camosonic

Well I'm kind of in between here, i managed to break one of the two vacuum outlets on my LCR manifold so its t pieced the line to the FPR and ran it to the top of the DV like in the guide for the Cupra manifold. Then i blanked off the broken outlet. Should have the same effect... right? It seems to be driving right so I'm hoping so. Thought on this anyone?

Russler

Nov 27, 2011
Reading
So I took my car to a well known tuner today an they saw the n249 delete (done by previous owner) and said why the hall have you done that!?! They promptlyconnected the n249 back up and admittedly my car feels smoother...so my question is why do people actually do this so called mod? Is it to follow the "scene" or are there actual benefits??

offitmassive

what are the ACTUAL benefits from doing this n249 bypass thing? i was thinkin of doing it as have the surging car issue when cold, its already doing it so dont wanna increase it by doing this

dawson86

Jun 23, 2010
bury st edmunds
since doing mine on monday i have found no trouble on start up or running issues, the boost seems to kick in earlier and hold longer, and the standard bosche DV definately dumps alot louder, well chuffed with this mod!

offitmassive

ive got a forge 007 DV on mine. why use 4mm id hose on a 6mm t piece? is it from FPR then T'ed off to DV and the nipple on inlet manifold?? did u have issues before u done the bypass?

dawson86

Jun 23, 2010
bury st edmunds
i didn't have any issues before or after, i reckon the 6mm tpiece is to keep it on, its proper tight fit, this is what i dont on mine ( engine code AUQ)
n249bypass.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

dean_CFR

May 26, 2008
Mansfield
I have just done thus and my car is still stuttering :-( I have checked the pipes and all seem ok ?? Anything else I can check ?