N75 bypass

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
well i guys done search but cudnt findnt my answer.

i wana by pass my n75 valve so i know the car is boostin right.

can any one tell me a how to do this.

Cheers :D

Last edited:

cupra@180

Hi From what I understand the only way to bypass an n75 is to use a boost controller like the apexi etc etc. If you mean the n249 which is often bypassed, there is a guide on here for it. If this is wrong sure it won't be long before someone corrects me. Best of luck.

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
if its to check the wastegate pressure it probably is the N75, you can just unplug the connector on the N75 and the car should run at the actuator pressure i.e. 5PSI

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
if its to check the wastegate pressure it probably is the N75, you can just unplug the connector on the N75 and the car should run at the actuator pressure i.e. 5PSI

what do you mean? shall i unplug the 2pin connector on top? i want to check if the car boost up full with the n75 valve bypassed.

Last edited:

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
bypassing the the N75 will just allow you to check if the actuator is set correctly, will give you less boost than standard and obviously make the car slower its only really useful to check if the actuator is faulty or has been tampered with

if you want to check to see if your boosting correctly you need to run vag-com and log the requested and actual boost

what problems are you experiencing with the car?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
well the problem im having is the car not picking up in low rev and when i put my foot down it takes times abit of time. i bought a second hand N75 valve and it worked for abit and then died out but before replacing it with a new1. want to make sure the car full boost so i know.

How can i check if the actuator is working! on vag.com the graphs are have a gap at low revs but then get similer above the rev range.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
actuator test Readings

hey is this right. i done a test using the my boost gauge and the actuator.
i linked the bost gauge t pipe between the actuator and the N75 valve.

are these readings normal:
one idle the reading where on : 0
When i took it around the block and the high way (ful foot). The neadle hardly moved. it was showing a max of 0.1 but drops dwon to zero quickly.

what do think of this?

Last edited:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
well when u go in to module and select measuring blocks. you can view up 3 measuring blocks. just use 1st one. type in 115 and press go. This will show rpm, the sumting (cant remmber),Requested boost and then actual boost. if you press the scope at the bottom this will display readings in the graph

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise