Need a bit of mudflap advise please

m11kkg

I've just picked up a pair of these for the front of my beezer, but they are black.

And I can see them sticking out like a sore thumb against my red car :(

Soooooo....Is it just a case of popping down Halfords for a can of emocion red spray paint and attacking them?

Mick

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
even with all that the paint will flake off when the rubber flexes

take a look at some pics of bizza's with flaps on, they look ok and do a good job

I have them on my yellow one and I think they hardly show against the black tyres

m11kkg

Cool, cheers guys.

I'll have a go at fitting them first and see how I feel about the colour afterwards.

Painting them doesnt sounds as simple as a a quick spray then! :blink:

Mick

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
yeah id watch out, even if you do a good paint job, once all the stones and grit hit it you will end up in the never ending circle of resprays.

i was going to spray my old cordy sills and skirts, was told by several body shops not to bother as it will always get marked as they are the most susceptible areas of the car.

Last edited:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Aye I wouldn't try painting them, the paint'll just keep falling off with the flexing.

I used to have a set on mine, I thought they looked fine.

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
M11kkg - Where'd you get them? Im looking for a set - Maybe even put a pair on the back. :?

m11kkg

Fitted today after work, and ya know what.......they look ok in black :)

So that'll be the way they're staying!

I just wanted the front set to try and stop all the road wetness flying up and under the front doors. Hopefully they will work.

Mick