Need new ecu for mk2 16v cupra gti sport

crossedmike

Well after 6 weeks of messing took to a garage car engine inbits machine plugged in and ecu says it's running at 4000rpm need help what ecu I'm looking for will a mk3 golf one fit or even a vr6 one please help

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
if you get ECU, you need matching immob unit, transponder and the ring around where the keys go in (transponder recieved or whatever its called)

crossedmike

Brilliant found one with sane code and all parts needed to be changes for 89

vngtx

only thing left is ECU. i bet something else broke and caused ECU to burnout when you started it up again.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
I had an earth problem that messed with the car (one the battery terminals is earthed, but if battery moves about, over time it will cut away at it, then I did a bodge job, and then it messed with my immob)

crossedmike

re earthed new wiring from fuse and relays ? so deffo no faults there the spark is getting to the coil then disperses and ecu looks water damaged mecanic said so i piced another ecu with code as above up £112 including postage ecu transponder steering coloumb and keys but my mecanic said he will just wipe ecu and reprogram to same as origonal will save labour lol :) so fingers crossed 48hours delivery a day putting car back and bobs ur uncle she will live again i hope lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.