Needle Sweep

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
So now after reading this I want Alarm beep, DRLs set at 45% with headlights and needle sweep. Need to find someone in west mids with VCDS :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
I fancy the needle sweep myself, saw it working on an Audi, very nice.

That and the 'beep' on remote lock/unlock would do for me, should be standard that, having to turn your head around to catch sight of a flashing indicator is a nag of mine, listening for the audible beep makes more sense.

My last four cars have all been out the VAG stable, wish I had splashed out for VCDS at the onset. Might stick it on my Christmas want list, nobody will be any the wiser :D

I've managed to enable needle sweep on my Leon, however after scouring the entirety of VAG COM I do not seem to be able to find a beep for the alarm. I always used to find it under the central convenience module (46), though that seems to be missing on the Mk3.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I've managed to enable needle sweep on my Leon, however after scouring the entirety of VAG COM I do not seem to be able to find a beep for the alarm. I always used to find it under the central convenience module (46), though that seems to be missing on the Mk3.

How about this (Google translated).

Oops, see it has already been posted.

Last edited:

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
Ah right, having listened to the video of it working I can see where your coming from Paul.

I was tempted to just ask the dealer about it, they enabled it on my Ibiza with no questions asked, I forgot in the excitement when I collected the car and its a bit of a trek to go back over there.

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
I was tempted to just ask the dealer about it, they enabled it on my Ibiza with no questions asked, I forgot in the excitement when I collected the car and its a bit of a trek to go back over there.

Quick phone call or an email might reap rewards, nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

What tweaks enabled the needle sweep Paul? I've two routes pasted into a notepad on the desktop, A or B? C is not an option lol

It's all Chinese to me anyway but just for reference sake.

Needle Sweep A

Dash 17
Coding 07
..on long coding change byte1 to zero

Needle Sweep B

17 - Instruments
10 - Adaptation
Click the drop down arrow.
Choose 'Staging' from the very long list.
Change the status to 'Yes'
Click 'Do it!'

Then turn the ignition off, lock and unlock car. then turn ignition back on and it should work...

Andy...

too hot

Sep 29, 2013
Scotchland
I've got VAGCOM so will probably have a go at mine in the next day or two !!
Don't like the horn peep it's too much like Florida car rentals,not having that !!!!

Last edited:

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Seriously, I don't get it. What's the point? I had needle sweep on a Golf R, and it just seemed like a tech-nerdy way of pimping the ride. Utterly useless to me, and I didn't even notice it for 1,5 years apart from the first 2-3 drives. But again, maybe I am missing something obvious, here......? Please enlighten me!!! / M

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Seriously, I don't get it. What's the point? I had needle sweep on a Golf R, and it just seemed like a tech-nerdy way of pimping the ride. Utterly useless to me, and I didn't even notice it for 1,5 years apart from the first 2-3 drives. But again, maybe I am missing something obvious, here......? Please enlighten me!!! / M

I think what other people want to do with their cars, is their perogative.

Utterly useless could easily be levelled at your post. ;)

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
I think what other people want to do with their cars, is their perogative.

Utterly useless could easily be levelled at your post. ;)

Eh...did I really deserve that? Monday was yesterday, wasn't it....? Or did I by accident just hit a week spot? A little insecure in ourselves, are we?

I said it seemed utterly useless TO ME, not that it IS utterly useless. But I wouldn't have bothered with writing the post it that was what I wanted to convey. The point was I wanted someone to enlighten me as to whether or not there is some practical benefit with this strange feature. But I guess that's exactly what you have just done, since you seem to imply that there is not.

So I will from here on continue enjoying my dead-still needles on start-up. [B)]

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Eh...did I really deserve that? Monday was yesterday, wasn't it....? Or did I by accident just hit a week spot? A little insecure in ourselves, are we?

I said it seemed utterly useless TO ME, not that it IS utterly useless. But I wouldn't have bothered with writing the post it that was what I wanted to convey. The point was I wanted someone to enlighten me as to whether or not there is some practical benefit with this strange feature. But I guess that's exactly what you have just done, since you seem to imply that there is not.

So I will from here on continue enjoying my dead-still needles on start-up. [B)]

Reads like a rant to me, and really I have always worked on the adage that if you have nothing nice to say, why bother saying it. ;)

Just seems a little pointless to be negative towards what others may want to do.