New 2016 Lima Green FR

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
Lima Green was my wife's first choice too, in the end we went for Alor Blue as the ST doesn't come in in Lima. Looks good, although I won't show my other half. Lol

That's a shame as I bet an ST would look awesome in Lima green!

CJ1985

Jan 21, 2014
Rochdale
I always go for the brighter colours. They have so much more character if you ask me.

My first choice was Alor Blue and second was Lima Green, I'm very happy with the outcome. Apparently the Alor Blues were snapped up quickly and were only really custom ordered. Lima Greens weren't built in many numbers either but didn't sell as well as the blues. My dealer hated me when I said I wanted one of the two, he asked if I would have any other colour and I said as a last resort I'll get a red one. Dealers with Red Leon FRs aren't looking to budge on price at all. I didn't make his job easy at all! :p

I'm pretty sure sciroccos are the exact same colour to be honest. I've seen one in town not long back and I'm certain they are the same.

I love seeing another lima seat. I'm yet to see another Green Leon FR. I saw an Ibiza in Wales last weekend. CJ1985, what are you getting next week?

Hi mate, picking this up next Tuesday,

It's a Seat Alhambra 2.0 TDi 184bhp DSG SE LUX in night blue, my wife is due with our 3rd son in February so needed something bigger really can't wait to get it now.

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
devJORD I see your car has front parking sensors, is it a 66 or 16 plate, do you know the build date? I ask as my car (when it comes) is a June 2016 registered car and I know they stopped putting front parking sensors on the FR at some point this year, so would be good to know if mine could have them or not.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
CJ you've gone into full blown family mode! Get some cupra alloys on that bad boy!

ajg74, mines a 66 plate however I believe it was sat in a showroom somewhere in donnie for a couple of months. How do you find out your build date?

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
I found this for VW's, apparently all VAG cars use the same coding (the first 3 letters will be different for a SEAT)-
Volkswagen VIN Decoding

Manufacturer: Volkswagen

VIN Characters: 17 (beginning with WVW...)

EDIT : From 2015 - beginning with MEX

Decode:

4th character represents the MONTH of Manufacture
5th & 6th combined character represents Production Year
10th character represents the Model Year

An Example:

If your 4th VIN character is C, then it represents the Month - March
If your 5th & 6th Combined character is 12 then it represents the production year 2012
If your 10th VIN character is C, then it represents the Model Year - 2012

Month Codes:

A = JAN
B = FEB
C = MAR
D = APR
E = MAY
F = JUN
G = JUL
H = AUG
J = SEP
K = OCT
L = NOV
M = DEC

Year Codes:

10 = 2010
11 = 2011
12 = 2012
13 = 2013
14 = 2014
15 = 2015
16 = 2016

Model Year Codes:

A = 2010
B = 2011
C = 2012
D = 2013
E = 2014
F = 2015
G = 2016
H = 2017
J = 2018
K = 2019

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
ajg, that doesn't apply to seat VINs. Through a bit of googling, Seat VINs don't have a production month part. It's only the year, which mine is 16.

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
Oh well, no worries, I am still hopeful that with mine having been built in May\early June it should have them, more so I as don't like blank outs where buttons should be on my dash!
Thanks for looking though.

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
There is this thread here, where some of us with 66 plates have front sensors and some don't.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=434743

If you don't have fronts, I wouldn't sweat it as they are pointless. I never use them at all. If you have OBD11 you can turn on the park pilot feature.

Cheers, it's not the end of the world not having them though the missing button on the dash will bother me!!

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
You get **** because you stand out. It's nice to see a colour in the shades of dreary grey, silver, black and white. My Ice Silver cupra that's coming next week would have been electric purple or bright orange if they had those options.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
You get **** because you stand out. It's nice to see a colour in the shades of dreary grey, silver, black and white. My Ice Silver cupra that's coming next week would have been electric purple or bright orange if they had those options.

I thought they had cupras in a yellow/orange colour... I could swear I saw a review and they were driving an orange one.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
That was just a press car wrapped in orange. But since I've seen it...I bloody well want it.

Leon_2012_Cupra_2.jpg

I'll just leave that there... :thumbup:

If they made it in that colour, I'd be all over it!

Last edited:

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Leon_2012_Cupra_2.jpg

I'll just leave that there... :thumbup:

If they made it in that colour, I'd be all over it!

Exactly. It looks so good in that colour. They need to start offering some more crazy colours on their flagship crazier cars again!

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Congratulations on your new car!
Lima green is a great choice!

I love mine...makes people's heads turn.
And yes people do comment about the color sometimes...
mainly positive, like "hey very nice color" "awesome color" and also "who the hell bought that color car"

But for me its perfect color...
I dont like boring colors like these 50 shades of grey, or black or white...boring like hell.
5F Leon lacks good bold colors...mk1 and mk2 had nice bright lively colors

Last edited:

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester

mainly positive, like "hey very nice color" "awesome color" and also "who the hell bought that color car"

I dont like boring colors like these 50 shades of grey, or black or white...boring like hell.

That looks amazing, the black wheels really set it off!
Unfortunately my new one is black, I would have gone for Allor or Apollo blue if there had been any but the spec and price of mine was just to go to resist, plus I fancy the challenge of looking after a black car for a few years! Just 2 days (hopefully!) now until I get mine.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014

That's amazing! I'm definitely sold on the black front bumper and wheels. Thanks for sharing the pic, I haven't actually seen it done before.

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
No problem mate.:)
I removed the grill trim and FR badge and body shop painted them gloss black with the bumper.
Rims were painted flat black, with mat lacquer where is little pearlescent in the mix.
For the rear, i'm looking to get a diffuser maybe without tailpipes and it will be painted to gloss black together with the center piece.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
No problem mate.:)
I removed the grill trim and FR badge and body shop painted them gloss black with the bumper.
Rims were painted flat black, with mat lacquer where is little pearlescent in the mix.
For the rear, i'm looking to get a diffuser maybe without tailpipes and it will be painted to gloss black together with the center piece.

Can you remember how much the body shop charged to get them painted?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.