New 2016 Lima Green FR

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I've finally gotten around to cleaning and taking some pictures of the new Leon! I thought I'd share some pictures as there isn't many examples of a Lima Green Leon. Probably because nobody wants a green car :rofl:

db4721d6-679a-4daa-adc8-47ec0eb63560_zpsasdset6m.jpg

d92d2a6e-467e-4bc4-874c-2297f45807c8_zpshufrskw3.jpg

20161210_145205_zpsgletiwvw.jpg

Last edited:

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
That looks awesome, the colour really suits the Leon, just needs some black alloys and door mirrors to finish the look imo.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Not showing that to SWMBO, that was the colour she wanted till I did a deal on a used white one, still get it in the neck every time she sees a green one that's local to us.

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Absolutely love the colour. It suits him great. Maybe some black details too.

VAG Familia

sau

Apr 13, 2009
Wonderful color !
I love it , it reminds me of matchbox cars I had as kid - some 70's bmw and Citroen ds.
Now you're forcing me to think again about emotional red

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Black wheels will be coming in a few months! Black mirrors are happening this weekend the paint arrived this morning. :D I think I still have some wrap left as well for behind the reg plate.

I love the colour, I get so much **** though. I was actually hanging outside at work and the guy who works next door said "Who would buy a car in that colour?".. I turned around and said "Me." He was so awkward about it! :p

Last edited:

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
It will look awesome with the black bits, really set it off! Can you not just wrap the mirrors, would be worried about spraying them black then not liking it if was me!!
Ignore what other people say about the colour, I love the fact that you've dared to be different. My brother has just got a new Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk(llast week) and the dealers had 4 new unregistered ones, out the choices my nephew and me said get the orange one, he did and is made up with it, it just looks right!

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
i was not brave enough to choose lima green over alor blue, one of my workmates has a green scirocco which is pretty similar shade to lima, so i'm glad I didn't....

CJ1985

Jan 21, 2014
Rochdale
Great colour choice, love my lima green Leon such a great car, shame I'm changing car's next week Still Seat tho. Here's a pic of mine

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I always go for the brighter colours. They have so much more character if you ask me.

My first choice was Alor Blue and second was Lima Green, I'm very happy with the outcome. Apparently the Alor Blues were snapped up quickly and were only really custom ordered. Lima Greens weren't built in many numbers either but didn't sell as well as the blues. My dealer hated me when I said I wanted one of the two, he asked if I would have any other colour and I said as a last resort I'll get a red one. Dealers with Red Leon FRs aren't looking to budge on price at all. I didn't make his job easy at all! :p

I'm pretty sure sciroccos are the exact same colour to be honest. I've seen one in town not long back and I'm certain they are the same.

I love seeing another lima seat. I'm yet to see another Green Leon FR. I saw an Ibiza in Wales last weekend. CJ1985, what are you getting next week?

Sihey MK3 FR

Nov 1, 2016
That looks really nice and I love the lima green, but don't think I could live with the stick haha. I bet it will look awesome with the black details. Keep us posted with pics.

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
I wanted to go with green on mine.but gf wasnt so happy about it. Red i ordered,came damaged.
So i went for tech grey.

VAG Familia

JackoFR

Jan 14, 2015
Manchester
Good choice! same colour as mine. I must say adding black details changes it massively, I've had the grill surround de-chromed, behind the reg wrapped along with the spoiler lip and i had the roof done to blend in with the panoramic sunroof all in gloss black. These small detail changes along with having the windows tinted have transformed it majorly. The front looks a lot more aggressive. Welcome to the club dude!

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
It will look awesome with the black bits, really set it off! Can you not just wrap the mirrors, would be worried about spraying them black then not liking it if was me!!
Ignore what other people say about the colour, I love the fact that you've dared to be different. My brother has just got a new Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk(llast week) and the dealers had 4 new unregistered ones, out the choices my nephew and me said get the orange one, he did and is made up with it, it just looks right!

I've wrapped mirrors before and it looked rubbish. Plus someone clipped my mirror after a couple of days owning it :censored:. So I need to fix that anyway.

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
Yeah I guess the mirrors on the Leon would be particularly difficult to wrap as they are a pretty complex shape!

It is so annoying when people do that and don't own up to it, is amazing how little concern some people have for others property or even their own!

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Yeah I guess the mirrors on the Leon would be particularly difficult to wrap as they are a pretty complex shape!

It is so annoying when people do that and don't own up to it, is amazing how little concern some people have for others property or even their own!

I've got a mate that bought a brand new Audi S5 black edition a few years back and the next day it was on bricks! He was absolutely gutted.

page3

Dec 25, 2015
Great colour.

I would have loved a British Racing Green (or similar) Leon, but green isn't a colour many manufacturers offer unfortunately. No, we need 27 shades of grey.

PaoloB

Jul 10, 2016
Lima Green was my wife's first choice too, in the end we went for Alor Blue as the ST doesn't come in in Lima. Looks good, although I won't show my other half. Lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.