New Ibiza Sport 1.4 16V Hatch

meknoy

Hi, new to the site. And Seat.
Getting this car soon. And wondered who out there had the same. Got any pictures of the car as standard and after modding??

Was into the Smart Modding scene before. Wanted a change and thought this was a cool little car to have.

Any small little affordable mods that can be done to enhance look & power??

Any help, advice would be welcome.

:whistle:

~ Dan ~ Meknoy ~

meknoy

I dont want to spend as much as I did on my Smart. I had all the usual exhaust upgrade, re-map, new rims, bigger wheels etc.
The rims I saw on the car at the dealers looked pretty nice anyway so dont think I want to change them.

Is there a big difference between the 1.2 and 1.4 sport?
Just wanna kinda get to grips with what its going to be like. In comparison with the other kinds. I know its nothing like the cupra.
Would you say its a pretty average model? Any problems that I may encounter?
I've not test drove it. And probaly wont! But it seems to be a pretty decent standard.
The guy said its 100BHP, is there a big difference between the 1.4 16V and the old Seat Leon 1.6??
Whats the ride like, suspension wise? brakes? radio, speakers?

Sorry about all the noobish questions but just a little more interested. and cant seem to find much about it on the net.

You must all have some pics of your car!! dont be shy...post them! show off, lets see what you've done and what you havent done! :shrug:

:)

[EDIT] ohh and what differences are there between the old Ibiza and this 'new' one?

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
You're not going to get much extra power out of it without spending a lot of cash. You may get 5-8bhp at best with a remap but that's about it. Should have gone for a turbo diesel if you wanted extra power.
Front strut brace recommended, and rear spacers a must (as above)

Main difference between new and 'old' is the bumpers, smarter wheels on some models. There are a few interior enhancements too. Steering wheel is now a lot nicer than the old ones.

meknoy

It seems, after reading on here that a lot of people have gone for the new Ibiza Sport.

On this information sheet of paper I got it says "Seat Ibiza 5DR Hatch 1.4 16V Sport".... So whats the "DAB" Version??
because at the dealers he said this car comes with the MP3 wire?? Reading a few posts on here people are saying they have the "DAB" version Ibiza?? Or have I lost the plot!! :shrug:

scottyjed

Sounds to me like you are getting a DAB version. More powerful 1.4 engine, £400
stereo upgrade and different alloys are the main changes compared to the standard 1.4 sport. Have one myself.

papdog

Make sure you are getting the DAB, cos interior and exterior are the same as the sport, apart from alloys from the old FR, Blaupunkt stereo, I-Pod lead in the glovebox and the more powerful engine. The standard sport is only 75hp and there is quite a difference between the 2 cars.

Graham

meknoy

Thanks pap dog. Will deffinatly check it over. But I dont think the old one was 16V? or was it? Will still check.

How is the 1.4 100BHP anyway? I guess its suitable enough for the roads. And does it have a very sporty feel?

What is the face like aswell on it? Do you have any pictures you could post? because I cant remember what it was like. And not many pics on the net. Is it kinda like the FR edition? or like the old Ibiza?

Also any pics of the back would be great!

Anybody own the hatch version? is there a big difference. Not sure if I prefer the 3DR now. just 5DR seems more practical. and I guess a bit more extra room.

Looking forward to the paperwork going through now! Should be good fun to get it out on the road. :cartman:

papdog

75ps is also 16V. 3dr and 5dr are the same size, so it's just access and which you prefer the look of. Let me go and find some pictures for you.

Graham

papdog

UsedCarImage.aspx

Front of new Ibiza

UsedCarImage.aspx

Back

UsedCarImage.aspx

And inside

This is a TDI so the exhaust is on show which it isn't on the 1.4.

Hope this helps

Graham

Last edited by a moderator:

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
graham stop makin me jelous! :'( my opinion would be to buy the strut brace the day you get the car, i have changed the whole sterio from headunit to speakers easy to do and sounds much better! 10000% better... u can if u wish get hold of a Fr exhaust and have it fitted i have one on my 75bhp 1.4 not that much louder but does look better! the only pics i have are huge so i cant really put them up! me i preffer the 5Dr course the b pillar is not way so far back and from the inside the door card looks stretched in the 3dr!! (the pics below are the old style ibiza i much preffer the new but i cant afford it this year) next year im hopefully going to upgrade!! to a 100bhp DAB or a Fr not sure yet...

Last edited:

meknoy

Thanks for the pics. I much prefer that big mouth like front on the new car! looks the buisness. :lol:
I hope it looks exactly like that because it looks great. Although I think the one I saw looked like it had the old front. We will soon see. need to wait 5-10 days for them to get the car in and give it a check over etc. Cant wait!!

Everyone seems to be going for the black, and 3DR. haha gone for a Silver 5DR! Bit more pricey but so much easier for access.

The alloys seemed to look a bit different to the one in the garage too. But thats the TDI, probaly changed them.

Looks great. Just worried the one im getting may be the old style front. argh!!![:@]

Thanks again. Any more pics would be great! Especially if theres any in Silver [B)]

meknoy

Because I didnt have long enough to see the car in the garage. I was originally going to get the old style Leon. When I decided that the deal on new Ibiza was much better. Never looked into it until I got back home :p
And now realised there are 2 styles. :redface: and the new one is much nicer!! Seing as its a brand new car im guessing it will either be on an 06 or 56 plate.

doh! :doh:

[EDIT] When did the facelift come in? on the 06? or 56??
(whoops guess 06 as the car above is 06 :p )

papdog

That's not my car, I just sell them for a living!

If your car is a new car it will be a 56 plate and I would be 99.99% sure you will have the facelift as I'm pretty sure all of the pre facelift ones are gone from the Seat ordering system.

Graham

meknoy

That's not my car, I just sell them for a living!

If your car is a new car it will be a 56 plate and I would be 99.99% sure you will have the facelift as I'm pretty sure all of the pre facelift ones are gone from the Seat ordering system.

Graham

Excellent! Great news ! :clap: Cant wait for the fun to begin.
Very first brand new car, going to love that smell.
Gone from Mini, to Smart and now Seat! big steps.
Cant wait ! :funk:

papdog

You'll love it. They're great little cars. When are you getting it?

Graham

meknoy

You'll love it. They're great little cars. When are you getting it?

Graham

Its on hold. Finance has been sorted today. Will take 5-10 days for them to get it in and check it over etc. Cant wait though!!
My Mum has the new Seat Leon, and before that the old Leon, Toledo etc. Parents have had the cars since 98! And always loved the build, shapes etc. Going to be fantastic owning one! :clap:

Hate waiting though.... takes toooo long! :whistle:

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
UsedCarImage.aspx

Front of new Ibiza

UsedCarImage.aspx

Back

UsedCarImage.aspx

And inside

This is a TDI so the exhaust is on show which it isn't on the 1.4.

Hope this helps

Graham

Having looked on the SEAT website and in the brochure for the facelift Ibiza I see that it states the Sport has a "Single Sport Tailpipe (TDi Only)". On that picture above it apperas to have a twin exhaust - is this right?

Cheers.

meknoy

Having looked on the SEAT website and in the brochure for the facelift Ibiza I see that it states the Sport has a "Single Sport Tailpipe (TDi Only)". On that picture above it apperas to have a twin exhaust - is this right?

Cheers.

The TDI (picture above) has twin exhaust, and the normal 1.4 only has 1 exit. And you dont really see it.

BJM - That picture above, just to cover. Is that the Sport Hatch ?? only TDI, So the 1.4 front end would look pretty much exactly the same as that if its the new Ibiza. Only difference you can really see is the exhaust?! Is this correct? and the rest of the difference is under the engine and its diesel?!

Going to be soooo :censored: if I get that boring straight front end on my new car. But I shouldnt if its brand new! grrr, your all going to get annoyed with me keeping on about this until I actually get it haha!!
:lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise