New software update?

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
What version should I update to before 1940?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
I wouldn't mess . unless you really know what you are doing.. You could easily end up with a bricked car. To get to 1940 you would need to make all the steps for the upgrade.. a bit at a time potentially.. i wouldn't do this.

May 31, 2023
I wouldn't mess . unless you really know what you are doing.. You could easily end up with a bricked car. To get to 1940 you would need to make all the steps for the upgrade.. a bit at a time potentially.. i wouldn't do this.

Ok, I will do it in seat assistance
Thank you very much

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Jones2020

Jul 14, 2023
I wouldnt dabble with doing your update yourself without any research u could end ip bricking up your infotainment

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Agreed, if you're still under warranty then get the dealer to do it. Won't cost anything either.

st4niu

Dec 22, 2022
I often wonder how exactly the dealer updates the software? Wouldn't be surprised if they have usb stick with firmware and do it the same way we could do.

Maybe it's not 100% correct method but hey - we all know how they work there. Perhaps there is a way to update it via can bus or something and it's the official way but then why would VW allow it to be updated via usb stick? I bet it saves them a lot of time with just plug in and out usb drive lol.

I mean if the option is there and it's not like it's very hidden (just hold menu button to enter "developer menu") then I assume it's left there on purpose. Not for "average user" of course but exactly for dealer to allow them to do it more convient way.

We need someone who works for VAG to confirm how it is exactly done before assuming it's "safe' or "not safe" way. Maybe it's the only way:ROFLMAO:

Eryas

Feb 21, 2022
Belgium
You are right, it's not like they hided the way to update. Not even a message that this must be done by a professional.

A clear answer from VAG would be a step forward.

Reactions: bounderboy

st4niu

Dec 22, 2022
You are right, it's not like they hided the way to update. Not even a message that this must be done by a professional.

A clear answer from VAG would be a step forward.
I have just emailed [email protected] with this question. Don't know wheter they will answer it or just leave me hanging but I will post here if I get any update.

Reactions: Eryas

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
i did my update myself and it was incredibly easy but not really a customer facing experience - however no more complicated than updating firmware on a bios of a computer or similar.

I just followed the instructions. I have not been for a service yet at all or since the update but couldn't wait to get a proper Carplay resolution experience. And £20 was cheaper for me than going to dealer and wasting their time doing it..

s3cr3t

Jul 1, 2018
i did my update myself and it was incredibly easy but not really a customer facing experience - however no more complicated than updating firmware on a bios of a computer or similar.

I just followed the instructions. I have not been for a service yet at all or since the update but couldn't wait to get a proper Carplay resolution experience. And £20 was cheaper for me than going to dealer and wasting their time doing it..
Update via dealer is free of charge.
Doing it yourself leaves an non-erasable fault (error code) in your car’s control unit, so if you ever get any related issues, you will most likely get your warranty voided. :)

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Update via dealer is free of charge.
Doing it yourself leaves a non-erasable fault (error code) in your car’s control unit, so if you ever get any related issues, you will most likely get your warranty voided. :)
Yeah course

• Haha
Reactions: s3cr3t

MarauderMaisy

Jun 20, 2021
Just got my car back off of the dealers. They took it for a test drive and finally, the Infotainment system played-up and crash-rebooted in the presence of their test driver, so they were able to "reproduce" the fault after only three times of me bringing the car in for this particular issue (we'll ignore the other time I took it in to fix a misfire caused by failing injectors at only 7,000 miles on the clock).

I also gave them the TPI code that has been floating around on the forums and sure enough, they told me that an update was available and upgraded it to version 1940. Only had the car back for a day, and so far, the system feels more responsive (and the parking system now seems to have different sounds) but will have to do some more driving to see if it really is fixed.

For anyone else who has been bumped to 1940, did you then get the same OTA "Software Update" appear that largely talks about the Cupra Connect app? And did you install it and did the system remain stable afterwards?

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
I’ve been on 1940 for a good while now, but got an update straight after which I installed and touch wood it’s been the most stable for a long time.
it all depends on the dealer as I’ve got one that isn’t the local one to me but they do go above and beyond to help out so I give them all my business.

Sep 20, 2022
It doesn’t leave any error code.
A lot of different info, so asking again: does anybody knows for sure, if unauthorized update to 1940 using usb stick, leaves or not trace on system? Had a phone conversation with my local dealer about problems with infotainment and 1940 update, but he told me this update it's still not available for my car. I'm tempted to update myself, but don't want to mess with warranty. IMHO authorized service should use same USB stick updating process, only maybe they doing some additional steps to ensure it's authorized update. O maybe not? Who knows 100% :) ?

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
A lot of different info, so asking again: does anybody knows for sure, if unauthorized update to 1940 using usb stick, leaves or not trace on system? Had a phone conversation with my local dealer about problems with infotainment and 1940 update, but he told me this update it's still not available for my car. I'm tempted to update myself, but don't want to mess with warranty. IMHO authorized service should use same USB stick updating process, only maybe they doing some additional steps to ensure it's authorized update. O maybe not? Who knows 100% :) ?
I updated mine myself ages ago and it’s been into the dealers since and I told them I updated it myself and they just logged it as it’s been done on seats system. The update is available for all cars now I believe. Unfortunately not all dealers are good and software updates make them very little money. The dealer I use I really good and helpful. I would call another dealer.

Reactions: Nerius

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Just got my car back off of the dealers. They took it for a test drive and finally, the Infotainment system played-up and crash-rebooted in the presence of their test driver, so they were able to "reproduce" the fault after only three times of me bringing the car in for this particular issue (we'll ignore the other time I took it in to fix a misfire caused by failing injectors at only 7,000 miles on the clock).

I also gave them the TPI code that has been floating around on the forums and sure enough, they told me that an update was available and upgraded it to version 1940. Only had the car back for a day, and so far, the system feels more responsive (and the parking system now seems to have different sounds) but will have to do some more driving to see if it really is fixed.

For anyone else who has been bumped to 1940, did you then get the same OTA "Software Update" appear that largely talks about the Cupra Connect app? And did you install it and did the system remain stable afterwards?
Just had mine updated Wednesday, but as of yet not seen an OTA update

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Just had mine updated Wednesday, but as of yet not seen an OTA update
Had my update on July 4th, not had an OTA since then. System very stable though compared with 1899.
I did, however have my first "updating system settings" pop up 2 days ago. On restart the climate control reset to 22°C like it always used to do 😒. No biggy though tbh.
Fingers crossed it's not going downhill from here as I've been really happy with it recently.

Reactions: Doogle
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.