New software update?

ferretz

Oct 11, 2021
Have been running 1940 for 2 weeks, it is by far the best update so far.

Fixed:

Haven’t got any reboot since then (had 3-4 per week especially since the last 2 big updates)

Not having issues of everything working but no sound (neither music nor parking sensors) that required to force a reboot to fix.

Carplay is finally in the correct/native resolution as it was already the case in most other VAG models.

Carplay is now always connecting flawlessly every single time.

No more issues like lag or display issues with Carplay (had some pinkish display issues in Waze for example, sometime unreactive interface).

Remaining issues (minor compared to the fixed ones):

Still had a few plonks on occasions (strange sound like plastic bottle).

One failure of the SOS system reported one morning

Lost preferences twice (display settings, mirrors positions, etc.)

Conclusion:
All in all the entertainment system is finally usable and responsive as it should have been more than 2 years ago when I’ve got the car but better late than never 😀

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
On 1940 noticed Ola voice word no longer works
Is it just me ?
All in all seems a lot better

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Good to hear more positive 1940 reviews.

Hola Hola activation word no longer works? I remember disabling this annoying function immediately as it kept cutting in during a normal conversation. Otherwise the car might just need some settle-down time if the update was just applied, i.e. Drive around as normal for a 3-7 days while it finishes processing various calibrations in the background with multiple key cycles and such. Used to be the same in Ford with the phone connections breaking after an update, then 3 days later it would start working again with no explanation.

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
1940 has been fine for me.. I didn't have many reboots but not done that since.. I did report somethings earlier in the thread that had changed but not actually sure they have, eg. Traffic Assist nags steering wheel holding less, stays in electric mode easier. and there were a couple of other things...

However it does seem stable, Carplay resolution much better, and inbuilt sat nav has some extra graphics. Hola Hola turned itself back on after update however doesn't seem to cut in nearly as much but I don't use it.

the only new thing that seemed to break was that when I apply footbrake and handbrake together - it comes up parking brake error but doesn't seem to be any error and clears itself..

Other day I did have it slam on brakes for collision detection which was quite disconcerting but not sure if that is update related at all..

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
1940 has been fine for me.. I didn't have many reboots but not done that since.. I did report somethings earlier in the thread that had changed but not actually sure they have, eg. Traffic Assist nags steering wheel holding less, stays in electric mode easier. and there were a couple of other things...

However it does seem stable, Carplay resolution much better, and inbuilt sat nav has some extra graphics. Hola Hola turned itself back on after update however doesn't seem to cut in nearly as much but I don't use it.

the only new thing that seemed to break was that when I apply footbrake and handbrake together - it comes up parking brake error but doesn't seem to be any error and clears itself..

Other day I did have it slam on brakes for collision detection which was quite disconcerting but not sure if that is update related at all..
Getting mine updated in a couple of weeks🤞🏻 as for the brakes slamming on this has happened twice to me and is the one safety feature I do not like at all tbh😒

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
I must admit I have noticed the brake warning coming up a bit more with the update ,but nothing too concerning

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
I'm unsure why an infotainment update would affect the collision avoidance systems which have their own control modules & software, perhaps just coincidence?

I think the infotainment updates are just the customer facing version number, along with navigation and radio, etc. but at the dealership they may also plugging into the car's OBD port to check and perform module firmware / calibration updates.

Yes the multiple control modules controlling various systems in cars; should only be programmable over a particular form of CAM bus. However with modern vehicles in particular, there is increasing cross-communication between all the modules and the infotainment system.

I highly suspect the USB DIY 1940 update (you can buy out there) is frowned upon exactly because it is possible to force the infotainment version beyond what some the control modules are expecting to communicate with - so those may be generating DTCs in the background if not updated simultaneously.

Imo OTA updates are welcome for navigation updates and non-critical systems, but never the Body control module lol. I don't know if WV has ever attempted such OTA updates to control modules earlier, but that is certainly a disaster waiting to happen, if stories are true.

I'm worried that car manufactures are becoming like game developers - whereby internet connected cars are allowing the expectation that they can "finish developing the vehicle later". By just doing module calibrations OTA (asking for trouble) or worse, doing module firmware updates OTA is vehicle bricking liability - should never be done outside of a garage environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fencer60

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
I suspect the dreaded A896 update did brick a lot of units

May 31, 2023
Hello, I’m trying to update my Leon from 1780 version to 1940, I have plugged in my usb c pen and I started the update but then this shows up all the time.
Any ideia what this is?
b37bebb967d024503508fa25d9589abc.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Hello, I’m trying to update my Leon from 1780 version to 1940, I have plugged in my usb c pen and I started the update but then this shows up all the time.
Any ideia what this is?
b37bebb967d024503508fa25d9589abc.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
The file is not correct - that his huge update jump

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.