New too the forum and the proud owner of a cupra r 225,

jack-cuprar

Feb 17, 2009
watford
Hello there,
just picked up my platinum grey cupra r up on saturday and just want too be pointed in the right direction, with regards too tuning.
would like too decat, induction or panel, remapping, recirculation valve and any other bits that will help. would like to know makes and where i can buy these upgrades and also the gain i will achieve.
any help will be really appreciated!
cheers

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Hello there,
just picked up my platinum grey cupra r up on saturday and just want too be pointed in the right direction, with regards too tuning.
would like too decat, induction or panel, remapping, recirculation valve and any other bits that will help. would like to know makes and where i can buy these upgrades and also the gain i will achieve.
any help will be really appreciated!
cheers

Welcome to the forum;
Decats can cause problems with the EML light due to the increased emissions (this sensor can be mapped out with a stage 2 map). The most restrictive parts of the exhaust are the downpipe and cat, so you are on the right track, although a race cat may be easier with regards to mots.
Search for smoothed airbox and you will find all you need to know re induction - i'd advise a green cotton panel filter in a smoothed airbox - stay away from oily filters as they will damage your maf.
Remapping - depends who is local to you; I've personally got P-torque stage 1 which is brilliant, but watford isn't too close to wolverhampton! AMD, Revo, Custom Code, APR etc are all well used maps on this forum.
The most common DV is the forge 007p which will set you back around £80.
Things worth searching for are:
Anti roll bars,
S3 strut brace
Dog bone mount
Forge TIP
Front Mounted Intercooler (forge or diy being the main options)

Hope that helps :)

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
i've got stage 1 remap, forge tip, smoothed airbox with green cotton, forge 007p; 272bhp, 310+ lbft :)

jack-cuprar

Feb 17, 2009
watford
i think im going to try the smoothbox and panel filter for the moment, lokks like a really good idea, not 2 sure on the drilled holes though what do you think?

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
you'll want a new tip, and possibly new upper intercooler hoses - i've popped these off in the past :) DV is an easy job to do yourself - 30mins max. make sure you use decent jubilees to attach the hoses to your new dv or they'll pop off with the increased boost :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.