Newbie Few questions on LCR 225

chriskarl22

Hi i have recently bought a 53 plate LCR 225 in platinum grey and i have to say im in love with it apart from a few little things, 1 is within a day of having it when i lift the cluth it makes a weird grinding/whining noise if slowing down at the same time. I have been told it could be the clutch release bearing are these prone to any kind of failure? It is under warranty so i can get it repaired but if its something that i can easyly sort out myself id rather not have to give my car back to the dealer for repair.
This more than a question than a fault but i am aware the engines dont run well with atmos dv's but if i replace the standard plastic 1 with a forge 007p recirc will it be loud enough to be hard from outside because i have heard bad reviews on the forge splitter dv so would rather get a 007p?? The car it absolutely standard so i have heard that if i do get 1 an induction kit may make it louder but i only know what i have been told.
Thanks Chris

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
welcome get rid of the plastic dv asap there pants and yea the 007 the best and alot use them. but if you want a loader dump from your dv you are better to get a filter as well and as 4 the clutch it sounds like the bearing and let them do it and it will be warrented then

chriskarl22

ok taa 4 the advice il get a k&n 57i i expect, it was good enough on my old astra lol or mayb invest abit more on a bmc carbon cold feed or something. also iv been wondering what would people advise as a warm up and cool down time for the turbo because some people have told me it can help reduce damage but others have said that with modern tubos it makes little difference??

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Warm up is usual procedure as with anycar 5 - 10 mins of easy driving to let the oil and water get round and upto temp, As for airfilters K&N tend to be heavily oiled and can kill the MAF, the BMC also seems to be restrictive. A universal open airfilter will do the job well without spending big money, also a cold airfeed isnt that important as its a charged engine and has intercoolers.

Deleted member 43482

Leave it to tick over for around a minute after a good drive.

Also check your electric water pump is working, after switching off the engine open the bonnet and check the little motor mounted at the top of the radiator is going.

chriskarl22

yeah that motor does come on for a few minutes after the engine is turned off, i did wonder what tha noise was lol and i do search most things before i buy, but not on here on astra owners lol iv only had my leon just less than a week, 1 question though is it true you can make a 007p louder by reversing it? and if thats true does it have any negative effects??

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.