Newbie- Ibiza fuel warning light problem

biffo

New to the forum, here's my first post:

Got a 54 Ibiza Sx, recently bought. A couple of times I have heard a 'ding' noise and noticed that the low fuel warning light ( yellow dot under fuel guage) has come on. The point is that the car has 3/4 of a tank full. Any idea what problem is and how to sort. Is it a usual fault?

Thanks.

if you sure the car has more than half a tank but is reading near empty or the red light is on with the fuel guage in the red zone

more than likely you will need fuel senders in the fuel tank replaced! dont think there cheap but get it run through vagcom or the dealer to confirm the fault and a trip to any local scrap yard should see you happy!

biffo

Actually, the guage shows 3/4 full with the needle in the right place. It is just that the warning sound came on and the yellow warning light below the guage lit up. garage said they filled it up with half a tank or so.

Just bought it a week ago , so the garage will sort it I'm sure.

The fuel light is on the left side of the needle! the light turns on for a few seconds when the ignition is on but turns off after 4ish seconds

few questions

1. are you reading the guage back wards as the needle moves right instead of left like most other vag car

2. could it be something else on the dash lighting up !

3. the beeping could be the temp sensor warning that the outside temp is below 5 oC

biffo

You are absolutely right ! Yes I was reading the guage the wrong way- I don't have 3/4 full, I have close to Zero. You have saved me from running out !

So, there is no problem then. Just low fuel, apparently less than 7 litres less and the yellow light comes on.

Much appreciated.

Disco_Biscuit

Ibiza Cupra Tdi PD200
Jul 8, 2007
Ha Ha I picked up my Cupra on saturday and done the same thing! thought i had a full tank but the fuel light came on:confused: rang the dealer to moan about the faulty gauge turns out i was reading it the wrong way! common mistake it seems :)

Lippo

YNWA
May 8, 2006
Formby
Same here, when I bought my Seat I thought the tank was nearly full! Funny how Seat do it 'backwards'

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Same here, I keep getting into the Mk4 and thinking that SWMBO has filled her up, 2 mins later and the fuel light comes on. Guess who fills it up...........................AGAIN!

Jan 10, 2023
Hello everyone,
This is an old thread, allow me to post my issue here,
I have a 1.2 petrol Seat Ibiza which, for the first time since I bought it, did not give me the fuel low level warning (no light nor audible alert).
The dash light works well when I put the ignition, do you know if VCDS could fix this issue ?
Thanks !

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise