Newbie - Need help re indicator for open doors or tailgate

Cath

Hi, just bought Altea XL Stylance TDi DSG, really pleased with the car. Just have one query and would be grateful if someone could help. When I open any of the doors the warning indicator lamp lights up but when I open the tailgate the lamp does not work. The manual states that the lamp lights when the tailgate is open, is the manual wrong or is there a fault? Thanks!

altea-xl

hi just been out in the pouring rain to check:cartman:
my 07 altea xl is the same the light only comes on with the key in the iginition and only works for the doors not the tailgate, the manual isnt the best as it covers all countries and in places it says country dependant so presumably it doesnt work in this country, hope that helps?

ive only had my xl for three weeks but loving it so far, how you finding yours?

Cath

Only picked mine up Saturday, really love it. Thanks for checking yours, thought it may be a fault.

altea-xl

enjoy fiddling with all the buttons!!!! have a browse around the forum its very good i found out loads

Cath

Thanks, seems really useful forum . Hope you didn't get too wet checking your car for me, blazing sunshine down south. Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend

altea-xl

no not really ,just a little!! [B)] besides i was curious to see my lights too. have a good weekend. happy :drive1:

4candles

Mine only works on doors, not tailgate. A few times not shut the tailgate properly, and it rattles as you drive, but no lamp.

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
If tailgate not shut on mine the door open light does come on.... 55reg (March 05 build) 2.0 Sport petrol - and it rattles. Someone change the std specs at some point like a few other items over the years??

Cath

If tailgate not shut on mine the door open light does come on.... 55reg (March 05 build) 2.0 Sport petrol - and it rattles. Someone change the std specs at some point like a few other items over the years??

Shame they removed this safety feature, thanks for letting me know.

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
mine comes on if not shut 55 reg. Is it me or is the tailgate a bit reluctant to shut completely without a substantial push? Mine won't shut securely in freefall ie under its own weight.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
mine comes on if not shut 55 reg. Is it me or is the tailgate a bit reluctant to shut completely without a substantial push? Mine won't shut securely in freefall ie under its own weight.

I wouldn't want it shutting completely under its own weight! wouldn't be too safe for the old head or pinkies!:censored:

Cath

My tailgate needs a good push to close, still love the car though :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.