Newbie - Price for 04/04 Ibiza Cupra 160?

frazman

Hi All - a friend of a friend in the motor trade has an 04/04 Ibiza Cupra 160 coming into stock - i need help with pricing as all the ones on autotrader are sub 30,000 mile and 10k + price wise. It's fairly high mileage 65k and has history to 20k - i owner from new. It needs a fair bit of paint work quote of approx 600/700 to make it 'mint', cracked fog light, a/c not working, fuel guage stuck at 3/4 full, 2 wheels kerbed ( how much would these cost to fix?). Not sure if the cambelts ever been done.

He wants me to make a sensible offer for the car as it stands but i don't want to go too high or insult him with a mega low offer! Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards Fraz

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
If no one has proof that the cambelt and water pump have been done, i'd do one as a matter of course so there's £300 to £400 immediately.

Wheels will be at least £50 per wheel to fix.
a/c could be a regas or a dead compressor, one is cheap the other is not - maybe £150 for a recon unit?
Needs a new fuel sender unit by the looks of things, no idea on price.

It's clearly not been taken care of and there are more things likely to need doing.

Trade at 20k is £8500 and private poor is £7500. With what it needs doing, i'd be cheeky as hell and start the bidding at £5500 to £6000 :) IN fact i'm not sure i'd go much further than that!

frazman

many thanks fester i will have to factor all this in. The chap tells me 'it goes like stink' - is there anyway i can tell if the engines been modified at all - if i arrange a viewing?

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
many thanks fester i will have to factor all this in. The chap tells me 'it goes like stink' - is there anyway i can tell if the engines been modified at all - if i arrange a viewing?

No idea - you can look for different stuff fitted, you'd need someone who knows Ibizas to tell more - or someone to go along with vagcom to do some logging of engine data :)

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Missing 45k of miles servicing wise?? mmmmm, I'd offer no more than £5000. Who knows if its been touched by a spanner since the 20k service?

Easy way to tell if its been remapped is to put 3/4 throttle at about 1000 rpm, leave it there till the turbo spools up... if there is visable black smoke out the back chances are its been fiddled with.

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Could need alot of cash spending on it mate, clutch, flywheel, brakes, cambelt and water pump (plastic impellor on these) will probably need doing, along with a service, (cupra PD160 oil which MUST be 506-01 costs £10 a litre) thats at least £1500 worth of work! And thats on top of the wheels and paintwork, fuel guage issues, foglight, aircon etc.....realistic costs to get it mint are probably nearly £2500! :(

If it was me I'd leave it well alone, sounds like a money pit!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members