No Climate control, Indicators or wipers on LCR

paul6316

White K1
Oct 16, 2007
Just popped up the shops and realised that neither the indictors nor the wipers were working. The hazards are fine. I have checked both fuses and they are also fine.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Scruff

Mar 11, 2010
Given that both indicators and wipers are on the steering column stalks, see if you can follow cables to connectors under the dash. I know very little about how the cars are put together but thats where i'd go after checking the fuses.

paul6316

White K1
Oct 16, 2007
I will try that but other things on the stalks are still working. On the wiper stalk you also have the trip computer button which is still working. On the indicator stalk you laso have the headlight full beam and flasher so i think they are both connected ok.

paul6316

White K1
Oct 16, 2007
I've now dug a bit deeper and the climate control is not blowing either. All the controls seem to be working ok but no blowing. The rear screen heater isn't lighting up either.

paul6316

White K1
Oct 16, 2007
From what I have worked out it is probably the load reduction relay which seems to link all of these togethor. Does anybody know where it is?

diggerbucket

Jan 24, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I had EXACTLY the same problem on mine. Start with the x-relief relay as that's a possibility, because it's cheap to replace. But chances are it'll be your ignition switch, that's what it was on mine.

I can't remember which relay it was, search my old posts and you might find something.

paul6316

White K1
Oct 16, 2007
All fixed now. It was the relay, gotone for a fiver off of ebay. It was number 100 if anyone needs one in the future.