noise offside front

npd

Nov 28, 2006
b,ham west mids
hello people iam new on here ive got a ibiza cupra mrk3,which is givin me some problems.When im drivin up the road and start to slow down foot on the brake and clutch pedal down i get a horible noise,sounds like its coming from drivers side. it only does it wen the steering is to the left dont get nothing wen to the right.

things replaced so far.

offside front bottom arm.
offside front drive shaft.
had gearbox recond (bloke said coudnt find nufink wrong wiv it)
replaced clutch.
replaced flywheel for a singal mass one

ive also checked the anti roll bar, drop links, wheel bearings, engine mounts.
if any one can help i would be greatful. cuz im runing out off ideas

thanks

npd

Nov 28, 2006
b,ham west mids
ive got standard wheels and it is not lowerd. why does it do it wen ive got the steering turned to the left. if it was the wheel balancing it would do it all the time?

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
No it doesn't have a limited slip diff. It does have EDL though (Electronic diff lock) which works automatically up to speeds of approx 25mph.

If it senses one drive wheel spinning 100rpm more than the other it assumes it is slipping and applies the brake on that wheel, it makes a graunching noise when working.

npd

Nov 28, 2006
b,ham west mids
so thats working then the noise comes on wen i turn left in to a car park space wen the clutch pedal is down and lightly braking

yeah ive checked for play in both front wheels all seems ok ive also cleaned the brake pads incase they was sticking

npd

Nov 28, 2006
b,ham west mids
yeah could be that my mates got sum standard shocks and springs for a ibiza which im gona try. im gona get it up on the ramp 2mora at work to see if i can see any fink also going to put it on to the computer and check out the abs system

it does not do it wen driving over bumps only wen slowing down and turning left

npd

Nov 28, 2006
b,ham west mids
elo people done sum more checks 2day first i put my car on to the computer and it came up wiv no faults on the ems and abs systems.

the noise you can only here it from inside the car got my mate out side but cudnt hear nufink. car is starting to piss me off

the noise only kicks in a couple of seconds after the brake pedal has been aplied wiv clutch pedal down