Noob question about 1.2 ibiza

klimite

Hey guys right...

First off It's a 1.2 ibiza s.
Secondly as it's done a fair few miles now and an engine swap maybe in the pipelines, I just wanted to know what engine drops could be done and how easy they are :)

also if I were to keep the 1.2 are they any places for exhausts/ inductions etc etc

Cheers in advanced

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Welcome, first of all. Welcome to the site. You'll find no end of useful advice on here.

1st piece, use the search, it's your best friend. More or less every question you could ask will have already been asked...

as for the engine swap etc... Why?

klimite

Welcome, first of all. Welcome to the site. You'll find no end of useful advice on here.

1st piece, use the search, it's your best friend. More or less every question you could ask will have already been asked...

as for the engine swap etc... Why?

the engines done over 100k and sounding a little rough, just thought rather than stripping it down n getting it rebuilt it'd be easier to drop a younger one in, and look at other options..

Cheers

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
the engines done over 100k and sounding a little rough, just thought rather than stripping it down n getting it rebuilt it'd be easier to drop a younger one in, and look at other options..

Cheers

Haha, fairs. Well, unless you've got access to a spare engine, and a crane to hook it in, I'd suggest rebuilding would be easier... I presume you wouldn't be putting a bigger engine in, cos that just wreaks havoc with the insurance people. Same with the exhaust systems. My honest suggestion is make sure the engine is kept at it's optimum, Oil/water/coolant levels. Get it serviced regularly, the usual. Anything out of the ordinary will come up there anyway, if the garage is any good, and VAG engines last a lot longer that 100k with good mantinence :)

If you were looking at more speed, don't bother. there's nothing to be had from the smaller engined VAG cars. What I did when I got mine, I treated it as a practice run for when (and if) I get a cupra, cosmetically, there's only a couple of bumpers in it. Tinting, stereo's, subs, etc, are relatively cheap mods that most of the time won't affect your insurance, and make the car look, and sound, a lot better. Just my thoughts... Oh, and colour coding. Definitly for the win :thumbup:

By the way, never asked, What colour etc is your ibiza? Where you coming from? Would be a cool thing to know :)

Oj

klimite

Grey.. lol can't remember the code it's actually grey though not the silver looking one they call grey...

Technically it's still my parents but as I recently crashed my car and the insurance pay out after excess will be not a lot so we've decided to 'do up' the ibiza with the remaining money seeing as it needs a few new body panels replacing (it is the family run about car and has seen its fair share of car park wars etc) and a good service.. as for the engine mods would be limited to backbox (maybe catback)/ enclosed induction just for easy breathing/ sound..

I've also got a full sound system from my old car so that's sorted :)

And I live near Dorchester (20 years old)

klimite

prefer my rover (mg zr rep in progress) to drive but meh it's dead so this is the next option as the amount of money I'd have after the excess would only get me some crappy old car

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members