OBDeleven modifications

Tell

Staff member
Checking ask in the DPF

I was flicking through the options on OBDeleven last last night looking for a way to check the ash levels in a DPF. Is it in there? I can't find it.

Our car is flipping up the yellow triangle regularly and I want to know if it's just because the car isn't getting used much or if there is an issue there.

Thank you.

There is a force it to regenerate option appears on a few YouTube's. Also people telling you to do other stuff after you have done that procedure.

Haven't had a need yet to investigate. I think / thought it's the back pressure that instigated regeneration but may be / also a fixed distance thing, about every 200 miles or so.

I'd research what that's doing in the video before you do it. Also those comments on another video which said you must change your engine oil after doing it plus you need over a 1/4 tank of fuel.

VCDS tools give you more information and there is a VAG tool. Obdeleven you can force a regeneration but for measurements you need something else. My Google

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Pig

Mattd938

Feb 14, 2016
Huddersfield
so i desperately need your help everyone.

tried to get the carbon skin on my 8" mib2 screen and got it working but...

Its like the screen resolution has changed and now all the home screen tiles wont fit on one screen. i have tried changing it back to skin 1 and it says function unavailable.

Absolutely gutted does anyone know a fix? i have tried holding the power button for 10 seconds but it doesn't fix it

Tell

Staff member

Its like the screen resolution has changed and now all the home screen tiles wont fit on one screen. i have tried changing it back to skin 1 and it says function unavailable.

Absolutely gutted does anyone know a fix? i have tried holding the power button for 10 seconds but it doesn't fix it

Using the pro version ?. Hopefully. Suggest you look at the History in the control units and get them back to how they were just in case you toggled something else. That will be shown.

Billys_CupraST300

Feb 4, 2021
Menden Germany
Hi Guys,

I know its been probably often discussed but which version should I get? I am looking and there is one old and 3-4 new versions of OBDeleven.

Should I buy the old one with pro licence? Or are any differences with the next gen?

Thanks,
Vassilis

Tell

Staff member
Hi Guys,

I know its been probably often discussed but which version should I get? I am looking and there is one old and 3-4 new versions of OBDeleven.

Should I buy the old one with pro licence? Or are any differences with the next gen?

Thanks,
Vassilis

Whether it has been discussed on this thread I'd have to trawl. Without the pro version you can only run the apps, if you want full control then you need the pro version. The old white one is Android only, the black one Android and iOS.

The white one works well enough with Android. Then you have the SFD issue with the 2020 models see the Leon 4 thread on mods.

Reactions: Billys_CupraST300

Billys_CupraST300

Feb 4, 2021
Menden Germany
Whether it has been discussed on this thread I'd have to trawl. Without the pro version you can only run the apps, if you want full control then you need the pro version. The old white one is Android only, the black one Android and iOS.

The white one works well enough with Android. Then you have the SFD issue with the 2020 models see the Leon 4 thread on mods.
I have android and my car is 2017. So i think the old one with pro license is ok!

Tell

Staff member
What's SFD?

Tiss German :love: it stands for

Schutz der Fahrzeugdiagnose which means Protection of vehicle diagnostics ;)

I've attached the VAG manual in English which I found on the net by tracking the German one down. Their crafty standard to stop users modding 2020 cars and beyond. Bring the lads under control. See the Leon 4 thread on Obdeleven mods. How it will play out isn't known. You can tinker with control units that aren't SFD protected like the virtual cockpit but any mods that go across units which are SFD protected you can't.

SFD uses a token system back to the master computer to allow mods.

Attachments

• EN_SFD-Manual_for_UMB.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 308
Reactions: HDizzle and Mr Pig

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne

You can change the skin in the hidden menu on the infotainment, You need to set it to the sports 80 skin

Tell

Staff member
You can change the skin in the hidden menu on the infotainment, You need to set it to the sports 80 skin

The hidden menu is locked down in mib2, needs the developers menu enabled. But within that the settings aren't saved. Mib1 wasn't locked down so you could stumble into it. Saying that I don't fumble the hidden menu since you did in mib1 have the ability to wreck it. Just use SWDL. Possibly the resident expert on hacking the infotainment system well versed in the unit will pop up.

Think the original poster had done a sequence of changes in Obdeleven but had lost track of how they got there and needed to reverse out. Saying that anything app based rather than programming based if it isn't working correctly (base app model v pro model) if the app messes something up it becomes interesting to reverse it. The advantage of the pro model and coding / toggling yourself.

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
The hidden menu is locked down in mib2, needs the developers menu enabled. But within that the settings aren't saved. Mib1 wasn't locked down so you could stumble into it. Saying that I don't fumble the hidden menu since you did in mib1 have the ability to wreck it. Just use SWDL. Possibly the resident expert on hacking the infotainment system well versed in the unit will pop up.

Think the original poster had done a sequence of changes in Obdeleven but had lost track of how they got there and needed to reverse out. Saying that anything app based rather than programming based if it isn't working correctly (base app model v pro model) if the app messes something up it becomes interesting to reverse it. The advantage of the pro model and coding / toggling yourself.
for me certainly using OBD11 and unhiding the developer menu it allows the skin settings and the appear to save as that's how I changed mine to have the sports skin on it. I'd assume that having changed the skin via an app he would have access to unhide the developer menu etc so can hopefully look on there and change it that way.

Tell

Staff member
for me certainly using OBD11 and unhiding the developer menu it allows the skin settings and the appear to save as that's how I changed mine to have the sports skin on it. I'd assume that having changed the skin via an app he would have access to unhide the developer menu etc so can hopefully look on there and change it that way.

Not so sure the back track would be shown in the history if you used an app to do it. I've never used the apps. You'd need the Pro version to unpick a failed app if you knew where it failed. That's why its better to use the Pro version rather than the apps they are just there for easy sales of the device ;).

I reckon they are sorted but haven't said.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
If you did a Factory reset in the MIB settings menu you would lose the Sports skin, if you used VCDS or OBDeleven to change the skin it wouldn't be lost doing a factory reset.

arossi101

Cupra 290 ST
Sep 5, 2016
Glasgow
Morning, I've had the OBDeleven Pro for a couple of weeks and I've managed a few things ie folding mirrors and rear lights on with DRLs but, most of the list doesnt work for some reason.
I managed to do dip mirror in reverse but it dips the left mirror, has anyone had this before?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021
Hello. I was trying to coding for having auto wipers and auto lights (I bought the 2 parts) and I'm using obd11 pro. When I follow the walkthrough of the coding process it says I need to make some changes in 5f module in control units. When I enter to 5f module it says its not responsive (please take a look at the picture). I tried clear cache in app. Is there a problem for having changed the factory seat screen with an android aftermarket?

Seat Leon 5f mk3 1.5 ACT 130ps Facelift
Thanks

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hello. I was trying to coding for having auto wipers and auto lights (I bought the 2 parts) and I'm using obd11 pro. When I follow the walkthrough of the coding process it says I need to make some changes in 5f module in control units. When I enter to 5f module it says its not responsive (please take a look at the picture). I tried clear cache in app. Is there a problem for having changed the factory seat screen with an android aftermarket?

Seat Leon 5f mk3 1.5 ACT 130ps Facelift
Thanks
Yes,that's the problem, the original factory Seat radio is the 5F module.

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
Morning, I've had the OBDeleven Pro for a couple of weeks and I've managed a few things ie folding mirrors and rear lights on with DRLs but, most of the list doesnt work for some reason.
I managed to do dip mirror in reverse but it dips the left mirror, has anyone had this before?

Most of the list for me worked for what I wanted to do. The mirror dip only works on the passenger mirror so left hand for RHD cars and right hand for LHD cars

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.