OBDeleven modifications

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
OK facepalm moment, turns out I had already activated it before, probably using Carista a year ago or so. So it was already set to "Increased traction". All is well, car drives great. ;)

Feb 11, 2020
Is there a way to code so the washer jets spray for like 2-3 secs before the wipers move as the wipers move before the screenwash squirts out?

Tell

Staff member
Is there a way to code so the washer jets spray for like 2-3 secs before the wipers move as the wipers move before the screenwash squirts out?
Reading this VW thread it's the design which lets the water go back into the reserve so it doesn't freeze in the pipes, they got there on page 3. The guy timed it as he increased the period for the drain back. It isn't a VCDS type of coding thing, headlight jets are but that isn't the question.

Drew306

May 11, 2021
Does anybody know if OBD11 shows the settings from your front radar? I hit a pheasant and it’s knocked the front radar out of line and I can’t clear the error with my vcds which is not compatible. I’m considering buying obd11 instead of the newer vcds cable.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Does anybody know if OBD11 shows the settings from your front radar? I hit a pheasant and it’s knocked the front radar out of line and I can’t clear the error with my vcds which is not compatible. I’m considering buying obd11 instead of the newer vcds cable.
I believe the radar needs special setup/calibration when it has been damaged etc.

Reactions: Tell and Drew306

KV100

May 14, 2019
Just got my OBDeleven module and seems a great little gadget. I have turned down the actuator to 20% and turned on the locking/unlocking chirps but wondered what others who have OBDeleven have done to their Leon?

Thanks
B
Now you have the dongle, try the app "car scanner". It's free and does loads of stuff without the subscription.

Tell

Staff member
Now you have the dongle, try the app "car scanner". It's free and does loads of stuff without the subscription.
My understanding is the Obdeleven dongle is built on a proprietary standard so unless the authors of Car Scanner have hacked the dongle it's not going to work. It appears that Car Scanner uses micro payment apps so whilst it's "free" there are costs. Obdeleven has the same free side of it via micropayments for apps or now for new arrivers to the device an annual license for the Pro onlocked software that gives you coding ability rather than one click apps. Existing customers who have the Pro before the annual license came in keep their existing free license... that was a one off cost at the time of purchase. Obdeleven will do SFD once that is launched to the device. That's pretty critical for 2020- models.

Billys_CupraST300

Feb 4, 2021
Menden Germany
Hi guys,

I just got the OBD11 (Basic version not PRO) today and tried to make some modifications but some of them didn't succeed. I am trying to put the 30 ambient color and it keeps failing. I already have the original with 8 to chose from but when trying to put the 30 it fails. Is there anything else i can try?

Also i am trying to put the lock unlock acoustic confirmation, it shows that has succeed but i am hearing nothing when locking unlocking the car. I have read that it may need a multimedia factory reset (how can i do this?) I also dont see the checkbox to enable it at the menu of lock unlock in the car setup. The car has an alarm system installed.

Third and last question i have deactivated the start and stop system with both v1 and v2 and the button of start stop doesn't light up and at the dash i have the A of the auto start stop with the circle around it. Is it supposed to be like that? In a short ride it didn't turned the engine off when i stopped completely 2 times but I am not sure if I did it correctly.

TIA for the answers.

Tell

Staff member
The trouble with the micropayment apps you dont know what they do. They are like Excel macros that you find in spreadsheets you get given in the work environment, when they go wrong it's tricky to un pick what happended and correct. This is why people don't like the micropayment apps in Obdeleven. You are much better with the Pro since you can undo what you have done, you can't with the micropayment apps. They are put in Obdeleven to challenge the other dongle app providers. All suffer from the same. I wouldn't touch them with a barge poll. It's marketing hype. "Coding" is the way to go with the Pro flipping toggles most of the time.

I can't answer your questions on that specific car but warn against being sucked into the micropayment app / dongle market rather than the proper programming. Obdeleven does both... but one is miles better than the other.

Reactions: Billys_CupraST300

Billys_CupraST300

Feb 4, 2021
Menden Germany
The trouble with the micropayment apps you dont know what they do. They are like Excel macros that you find in spreadsheets you get given in the work environment, when they go wrong it's tricky to un pick what happended and correct. This is why people don't like the micropayment apps in Obdeleven. You are much better with the Pro since you can undo what you have done, you can't with the micropayment apps. They are put in Obdeleven to challenge the other dongle app providers. All suffer from the same. I wouldn't touch them with a barge poll. It's marketing hype. "Coding" is the way to go with the Pro flipping toggles most of the time.

I can't answer your questions on that specific car but warn against being sucked into the micropayment app / dongle market rather than the proper programming. Obdeleven does both... but one is miles better than the other.
So you suggesting to go for pro version! Do you need to buy credits there too for coding or uncoding or its free?

Thanks for the help mate!

Tell

Staff member
So you suggesting to go for pro version! Do you need to buy credits there too for coding or uncoding or its free?

Thanks for the help mate!
The coding is "free" but since the Pro has a license arrangement for new arrivers there is a modest annual charge to keep it live. The logic was to cover the costs with the 2020- SFD - least that is what I understand. If you had it prior to this year there is no annual charge for the Pro.

What people are doing with their Leon4s and Formentors is to buy it on Amazon Prime on next day delivery then take out the Pro license online for immediate unlocking. Should mention all 2020- mods on the new platform should be done bonnet up and engine running. Bonnet up is the new one. MQB Evo platform etc.

Billys_CupraST300

Feb 4, 2021
Menden Germany
The coding is "free" but since the Pro has a license arrangement for new arrivers there is a modest annual charge to keep it live. The logic was to cover the costs with the 2020- SFD - least that is what I understand. If you had it prior to this year there is no annual charge for the Pro.

What people are doing with their Leon4s and Formentors is to buy it on Amazon Prime on next day delivery then take out the Pro license online for immediate unlocking. Should mention all 2020- mods on the new platform should be done bonnet up and engine running. Bonnet up is the new one. MQB Evo platform etc.
I have a mk3 facelift so i suggest just buy the pro version for 24,99€ from obd11 site and I am good to go.

Thanks again for answering my questions 🙂.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Hi guys,

I just got the OBD11 (Basic version not PRO) today and tried to make some modifications but some of them didn't succeed. I am trying to put the 30 ambient color and it keeps failing. I already have the original with 8 to chose from but when trying to put the 30 it fails. Is there anything else i can try?

Also i am trying to put the lock unlock acoustic confirmation, it shows that has succeed but i am hearing nothing when locking unlocking the car. I have read that it may need a multimedia factory reset (how can i do this?) I also dont see the checkbox to enable it at the menu of lock unlock in the car setup. The car has an alarm system installed.

Third and last question i have deactivated the start and stop system with both v1 and v2 and the button of start stop doesn't light up and at the dash i have the A of the auto start stop with the circle around it. Is it supposed to be like that? In a short ride it didn't turned the engine off when i stopped completely 2 times but I am not sure if I did it correctly.

TIA for the answers.

Try doing a full scan before you attempt the changes, I had similar issues before I did.

Billys_CupraST300

Feb 4, 2021
Menden Germany
Hi guys,

Got the Pro edition and managed to enable the lock unlock acoustic confirmation. I was wondering if there is long coding for the Video in Motion ( So dont need to pay the 100 credits) And if there is also a list with the codings that can be done so i dont need to navigate through 100 pages.

TIA

Tell

Staff member

Hello, is it possible to make a change in Cupra 2020 as well?
Will it work?
Strange that there is not the symbol of Cupra.

This is the only video I found...
Is that a mib3 or a mib2 in the car. We know in mib2 standard units they didn't populate the Cupra logos it came up on the Cupra Ateca side. Only in the mib2 high unit does it contain the Cupra logos. Pass on mib3. Turned out I could change my car into a Cupra Ateca with a few click 😉. If it's a mib2 standard they will have followed the same principle. Since this is on a Leon 3 thread by default they are all mib2s around here.

The guys over on the Formentor thread may know how to get Cupra brand out. That's going to be Leon 4 v Formentor graphics with Obdeleven....

Btw mib2 high wasnt fitted to Ateca Cupra outside Europe for some reason, so since you are flagged up as Israel it's sort of pointing you are looking at the same issue the Cupra Ateca Israel owners have pre the face lift when they went over to mib3. Failing that you need a mib3 thread.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022
Stockport
Hey does anyone in the Stockport area have an OBD11 I can use to change a couple of things for some beer tokens?!

I just want to change the folding mirror on locking and also parking on the display as opposed to just the beeping when I reverse.

Cheers

Dec 29, 2021
Is there a way to set the dials and instrument cluster to always be illuminated?

Sent from my ASUS_I01WD using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.