OBDeleven modifications

Hi Guys,

I know its been probably often discussed but which version should I get? I am looking and there is one old and 3-4 new versions of OBDeleven.

Should I buy the old one with pro licence? Or are any differences with the next gen?

Thanks,
Vassilis

Tell

Staff member
Hi Guys,

I know its been probably often discussed but which version should I get? I am looking and there is one old and 3-4 new versions of OBDeleven.

Should I buy the old one with pro licence? Or are any differences with the next gen?

Thanks,
Vassilis
Whether it has been discussed on this thread I'd have to trawl. Without the pro version you can only run the apps, if you want full control then you need the pro version. The old white one is Android only, the black one Android and iOS.

The white one works well enough with Android. Then you have the SFD issue with the 2020 models see the Leon 4 thread on mods.

Reactions: Billys_CupraST300
Whether it has been discussed on this thread I'd have to trawl. Without the pro version you can only run the apps, if you want full control then you need the pro version. The old white one is Android only, the black one Android and iOS.

The white one works well enough with Android. Then you have the SFD issue with the 2020 models see the Leon 4 thread on mods.
I have android and my car is 2017. So i think the old one with pro license is ok!

Tell

Staff member
What's SFD?
Tiss German :love: it stands for

Schutz der Fahrzeugdiagnose which means Protection of vehicle diagnostics ;)

I've attached the VAG manual in English which I found on the net by tracking the German one down. Their crafty standard to stop users modding 2020 cars and beyond. Bring the lads under control. See the Leon 4 thread on Obdeleven mods. How it will play out isn't know. You can tinker with control units that aren't SFD protected like the virtual cockpit but any mods that go across units which are SFD protected you can't.

SFD uses a token system back to the master computer to allow mods.

Attachments

Reactions: Mr Pig

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
so i desperately need your help everyone.

tried to get the carbon skin on my 8" mib2 screen and got it working but...

Its like the screen resolution has changed and now all the home screen tiles wont fit on one screen. i have tried changing it back to skin 1 and it says function unavailable.

Absolutely gutted does anyone know a fix? i have tried holding the power button for 10 seconds but it doesn't fix it
You can change the skin in the hidden menu on the infotainment, You need to set it to the sports 80 skin

Tell

Staff member
You can change the skin in the hidden menu on the infotainment, You need to set it to the sports 80 skin
The hidden menu is locked down in mib2, needs the developers menu enabled. But within that the settings aren't saved. Mib1 wasn't locked down so you could stumble into it. Saying that I don't fumble the hidden menu since you did in mib1 have the ability to wreck it. Just use SWDL. Possibly the resident expert on hacking the infotainment system well versed in the unit will pop up.

Think the original poster had done a sequence of changes in Obdeleven but had lost track of how they got there and needed to reverse out. Saying that anything app based rather than programming based if it isn't working correctly (base app model v pro model) if the app messes something up it becomes interesting to reverse it. The advantage of the pro model and coding / toggling yourself.

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
The hidden menu is locked down in mib2, needs the developers menu enabled. But within that the settings aren't saved. Mib1 wasn't locked down so you could stumble into it. Saying that I don't fumble the hidden menu since you did in mib1 have the ability to wreck it. Just use SWDL. Possibly the resident expert on hacking the infotainment system well versed in the unit will pop up.

Think the original poster had done a sequence of changes in Obdeleven but had lost track of how they got there and needed to reverse out. Saying that anything app based rather than programming based if it isn't working correctly (base app model v pro model) if the app messes something up it becomes interesting to reverse it. The advantage of the pro model and coding / toggling yourself.
for me certainly using OBD11 and unhiding the developer menu it allows the skin settings and the appear to save as that's how I changed mine to have the sports skin on it. I'd assume that having changed the skin via an app he would have access to unhide the developer menu etc so can hopefully look on there and change it that way.

Tell

Staff member
for me certainly using OBD11 and unhiding the developer menu it allows the skin settings and the appear to save as that's how I changed mine to have the sports skin on it. I'd assume that having changed the skin via an app he would have access to unhide the developer menu etc so can hopefully look on there and change it that way.
Not so sure the back track would be shown in the history if you used an app to do it. I've never used the apps. You'd need the Pro version to unpick a failed app if you knew where it failed. That's why its better to use the Pro version rather than the apps they are just there for easy sales of the device ;).

I reckon they are sorted but haven't said.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
If you did a Factory reset in the MIB settings menu you would lose the Sports skin, if you used VCDS or OBDeleven to change the skin it wouldn't be lost doing a factory reset.

EBC Brakes Direct - picture of brake discs and pads