OEM Diverter Valve Issue

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
You can get at the back screw you need to use an "L" shaped key , get one from halfords. Just be carefull not to drop the torx screw , a bloody nightmare to find in the engine tray :blink:
Rob can you remember the torx size off the top of your head? It looks relatively big ie T40 or something?

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
finally got the d valve fitted. seriously, it must have taken me about an hour, but ill admit i'm a total rookie. finally got the bugger off, then had that, f*@k what if i cant get this back on sorta feeling. overall its really just awkward, rather than anything difficult, had the car up on axle stands, and need to turn the drivers wheel all the way to the right to get room to get at the screws, but its definitely doable. the most i've ever done before this was change a wheel and an air filter. Cars driving same as before which is good, there was no problem with the original dv i took off, but i've only done 5500 miles so i wouldn't expect any problems yet. now bring on the bluefin

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
You can get at the back screw you need to use an "L" shaped key , get one from halfords.
Just be carefull not to drop the torx screw , a bloody nightmare to find in the engine tray :blink:

thanks buddy... I have a screwdriver L shaped thingy which may fit, otherwise will try halfords... :D

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
I got the halfords ratchet set with the flexible extension, which made removing the screw a breeze... it was also supposed to be £20, but they only charged me £10... another useful tool for my collection.

:D

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Fitted my "D"Spec valve today, it's a doddle. For anyone who may want to know in advance, the screws that mount the valve are T30 Torx Screws.

Thanks David at Seremotors for an outstanding level of service mate.

Allan Andersen

Mar 12, 2008
DENMARK
www.xenonkits.dk
Fitted my "D"Spec valve today, it's a doddle. For anyone who may want to know in advance, the screws that mount the valve are T30 Torx Screws.

Thanks David at Seremotors for an outstanding level of service mate.

Hey do you have a picture of the new one fitted, because im not sure i understand precissely what you have changed:help: I have the forge spacer, im running 345 bhp on my cupra so this might be a issue i also need to solve, :)

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Hey do you have a picture of the new one fitted, because im not sure i understand precissely what you have changed:help: I have the forge spacer, im running 345 bhp on my cupra so this might be a issue i also need to solve, :)

Sorry Allan I don't have any pictures. You can't use the OEM uprated DV though with the Forge Spacer.

deann

Dec 9, 2009
Wolves
I Have the new FL Cupra and have stage 1 Revo. With the new Forge Spacer Blow off Valve.

Fitted in mins and sounds Wooochh.

Lee M

just to clarify -
06F145710G is now superseded to 06H145710D for both FRTFSI and Cupra
and the 'D' is the only one now supplied

I've just brought one of these Rev D units for my cupra k1, after reading this thread just wanted to confirm that it is the correct valve for my car?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.