Official SEAT Leon V2 pics & report now online

Tadger

Who wants to live forever
Jul 23, 2001
Undetermined
Visit site
A couple of years ago a mate of mine told me that Ford have 50, 100 and 200 year strategies....

The end goal is to find a design (or a few) that appeals to the majority of the buyers, and make variants for function and size. But the majority of parts would be pretty common, because they maximize profits.

High volume parts = more profit. He told me that ford actually only makes about $60 profit on each car that leaves the factory, the rest comes from aftercare/spares/servicing.

Looks like SEAT have beaten Ford to the finish line with a common design, the question is, will the range appeal to enough people ??

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
The design analysis is now up on-line on the same page.... http://www.seatcupra.net/leon_prototype2005_geneva.htm

Here's a taster....

Leon_altea_anim_t.gif

leonrr34design_T.jpg

big ALI H

Cavey
Jun 27, 2003
Cas-Vegas, West Yorkshire
Visit site
Really really like this a lot guys. Can't wait to see what diesel versions will be available and of course how much they will be costing. Surely if the performance and handling is anything like the Golf GTi, then the mags (and possibly Top Gear :rolleyes: ) will be drooling over this :drool: as much as us

laf

Oct 1, 2004
Croatia
If it stays like this ,it's going to be great!
But who knows how the final product will look like!

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Still too much like a mini MPV - line it up next to a new Toledo and Altea and what do you get, 3 almost identical vehicles. I don't understand SEAT's design philosophy.

I wish they had brought this out first, then the Toledo and THEN the Altea, would make far more sense, it is kinda nice in a Focus/Astra sort of way - but next year any SEAT dealer showroom is gonna be a very confusing place!

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
New Leon dimensions

Neilr134 said:
I notice all the official pics are taken from low down, trying to hide how tall it is ?

Taken from SEAT UK website:
New Leon: (L) 4343, (W) 1823, (H) 1434
Currrent Leon: (L) 4183, (W) 1742, (H) 1439
Altea: (L) 4280, (W) 1768, (H) 1568

I think it looks very promising. :thumbup:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise