Oil filter Location ?

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Ok doing my first ever oil change on my MK1 Leon FR TDI. Ive removed the undertray and located the sum plug, just wondered if you could tell me where the oil filter is located or have any pics....thanks

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Oil filter is up top under the engine cover at the front.

you mean access through the bonnet and not from underneath ?

Is that it in the pic ?

DSC01007.jpg

Last edited:

mjthompson

Just pull the plastic engine ocover off (no tools required), then you will see it.

It is at the front, and has a cover that is screwed on (it has 25Nm written on it, and an arrow showing which way it is to tighten it). Undo this then pull the filter element off and put new one on. Remember to change the 2 rubber o-rings with the ones that come with the new filter, and oil them up before you re-assemble it all.

Hope that all makes sense, and helps.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Just pull the plastic engine ocover off (no tools required), then you will see it.

It is at the front, and has a cover that is screwed on (it has 25Nm written on it, and an arrow showing which way it is to tighten it). Undo this then pull the filter element off and put new one on. Remember to change the 2 rubber o-rings with the ones that come with the new filter, and oil them up before you re-assemble it all.

Hope that all makes sense, and helps.

yes thanks, thats where iam at now, just having some diffculty unscrewing it. Iam trying to do it by hand and not having alot of luck. Ive drained all the oil out now so cant even pop down to halfords to get a tool to unscrew it.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
got any webbing strap knocking about? wrap it around the cap and a socket extension bar and bobs yer uncle.
Improvise,adapt and overcome marine. ;)

kinda like this
633011051656150535STRAPRCH.jpg

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Bit late now but you should remove the filter before draining the oil. When you take it out it dumps a load of dirty oil from the filter housing back into the sump.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.