Oil Sign on LCD question

gabsta69

I had my service done 2 months ago at Kwik Fit but the other day the spanner symbol and Oil word has appeared on the LCD screen. I checked the levels and it is fine, but the oil is quite a dark colour.

My question is: Is the warning there because I did not take it to a Seat Dealer who would clear the vagcom and hence the system thinks i need the oil changed when i dont?

Or did Kwik Fit not change my oil?

Thanks in advanced.

scottyNI

Probably forgot to reset it just, happened to me after not getting a service at the stealers..

You can reset it by holding down the trip button, turn ignition on, and keep trip depressed until the message goes away.

gabsta69

Thanks for the fast response, will give it a go at luncthime.

scottyNI

nps....btw you wana be turning the key to the 2nd ignition point, the one just before starting the car.

Keef83

Nov 25, 2008
Maidstone
This isn't just because you didn't take it to the steelers, they don't always clear it anyway just a standard reminder.

gabsta69

I would hope so, the car has been running fine without problems.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
I know on a previous car (not the Ibiza), I took it to an independant and thye put th e wrong oil in that was junk-mineral oil which was very dark...ended up having to redo the service myself to get it out before it did any harm.

gabsta69

now that's worried me, the oil is very dark already, so im not sure what to do, ive topped it up with new oil, but when i have taken it to Seat Garage to have the oil changed, the oil is a dark colour there aswell!

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Sorry mate it's probably nothing to worry about, try clearing it as above. Is it a petrol or Diesel? If it's diesel, from recollection the oil gets dark very quickly anyway.

gabsta69

just to say the trick worked and now the the oil sign has gone, thanks for the help, gonna get my mate who is a car nut to check the oil!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members