opinions down on power, hot weather or more to it..??

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Right had a search pulled up a couple of threads about hot weather driving but just wanted your general opinions aswell...

Car just feels like its down on power im trying to work out if i should just put it down to the weather being warmer or if i need to look further into it like a possible boost leak, maf etc...

Unfortunately havent got vag-com so cant do any boost logs etc as i no that would be ideal and still need to get my boost gauge in place so i cant use that as a referance...

Ive had no eml's or any other problems but its just not got the power there it had still pulls well but not as well but it all seems to be after i fited my uni fmic but that was just after i had it maped by amd aswell and just as the weather was getting warmer...

Either that or its just me being paranoid and loooking for problems...:)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Without vag-com or at least a boost gauge its going to be hard to tell as you know, if your saying that it seems a little sluggish since you had the FMIC fitted i`d be checking all the boost pipes for starters. I wouldnt say the weather at the moment has been warm enough recently to effect power that much, a few weeks back when when he had the so called heat wave i certinatly felt the hybrid feeling sluggish still boosting as normal but just didnt feel right.

You could unplug the maf just to rule that out or take it for a drive in the evening when its 'cool'.

Or you could just be getting used to the power.

Last edited:

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Yea i did give the IC pipes the once over when i had one from the bottom of the charge pipe pop off before but sorted that problem out...Thats the only real place i can see it loosing any boost from but im going to go over them again just to make sure.

Will be trying the maf ect when im next off work see if that makes a difference

im also going to be checking the coilpacks and having a look at the sparkplug condition at the same time just to make sure somthing isnt any obvious signs off a problem with the fueling or anything

I dont think its getting used to the power because its defo not got the same fighting torque steer it had...

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Right there's goto be more to this now...

i started the car up to go to work today and pulled away like normally do taking it easy etc and in 1st gear up to about 3k and 2nd my turbo didnt spool atall and the exhaust sounded like it was a n/a car

but in 2nd after about 2.5k it statred spooling again like normal and was fine for the rest of the trip...??

Had a seach for similar problems but couldnt find anything conclusive...im thinking now maybe n75 valve or somthing similar...

I cant check anything untill my days off from monday so if anyone can shed any light on this so far would be helpfull when it comes to it...

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Yea ive got the turbosmart dual port one...

Anyhow i got in after work and had a look under the bonnet at all the hoses etc and they all seem fine

then set about checking other stuff but then had the idea of unpluging the n75 so done that then reconnected it and left it at that...

got in it today to drive it to work and now i have no boost or very little im assuming its limp mode it still revs fine just no boost got to work and checked all the fuses but they all fine really doing my nut in now...

CupraR-34

Aug 13, 2008
Edinburgh
who hot you talking?? becouse the hotter it is the less power, but you would only losses a small amount, your engine will run best when the weather is cold and about to rain but it aint going to be the weather

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Riiight got my vag-com stuff through the post today so set it all up and done a scan...

unfortunately it crashed on me on my computer and now refuses to work tried re-installing it etc but no joy but i did manage to read one of the 2 faults quickly before it crashed on me...:headbang:

was along the lines of
maf sensor signal to high - intermitant

obviously it mean my maf is not well..??

seems strange though because doesnt it normally read signal to low if its on the way out...

well im going to try unpluging it tomorow see if its any different and maybe try giving it a clean and see how it goes...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise