OPTIMAX fuel

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
put optimax fuel in the car and what a difference dont know why ive shied away from it in the past,cost maybe but from now on thats the fuel of choise for me .
Anyone use optimax and feel the difference or is it me bein silly hopin for a power increase. :D

Just4 Perry

Optimax or BP's Ultimate. If you can't get these use standard 97 /98 ron (Super unleaded)

realman

Aug 24, 2005
when using otimax the ecu can determine the higher octain rating thus giving more power!!!yeppy!!

you should really use a fuel with a octain rating of 98 or above as stated in your hand book

i use tesco super unleaded as this is also 99 ron but cheaper :) than optimax

Evo did a comparission between all the different fuel types and voted Optimax as their fav.

Compared to BP Ultimate it pulled harder all the way up the revs but wasn't so good low down. I would have to back up this statment as i have had the same experience. I really notice a difference when putting BP Ultimate in when i can't find a shell garage. It pulls harder lower down the range, sounds snortier as well, however as the revs rise it starts to feel a bit flat and breathless compared to Optimax.

What we need is a duel fuel tank that switches over from Ultimate to Optimax as the revs rise.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
run it through a couple of tanks and on a 1.4 you'll think you got a new motor

no real power gains just feel a bit livelier and smoother

did the world of good on a 1.25 fiesta we had

PS- ignore Cuprasmiff ;) actually not ignore - move over out his way [B)]

mikeydee

Mike
Mar 3, 2005
Doncaster
cheers fl@pper ;) i need to refil, theres optimax in there at the moment, so il just add to it, may purchase a sachet of redex too

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
said 1.25 fiesta is currently back on crappy supermarket summat or other and driver (lil sister) has been moaning it feels sluggish - ;) silly moo

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
mikeydee said:
haha sounds like my sis, women for ya ;)
lckly my wife is as clued up on the car as me so she wouldnt dare come out with that ,if she knew what was good far her:lol: but a lot of women think things are wrong with cars all the time,thats why kwik-fit have made so much money:D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.