Original Car Battery Life

Dec 4, 2006
Manchester
How long do the standard fit batteries normally last- mine is a 2003 model, still on its original... is it worth changing it now before it packs up one dark night in a few months!!

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
How long do the standard fit batteries normally last- mine is a 2003 model, still on its original... is it worth changing it now before it packs up one dark night in a few months!!

Mine was tested at Christmas (54 plate) and its still in top condition. Drop into an MOT place and ask them to test it is the easy answer :)

stevei'D

Jul 22, 2008
Depends how the car is driven? My Focus had the originol when i bought it after 3yrs and was still going strong after 7yrs. My mum (bless her) being a stop start driver due to her job usually only gets about 2-3yrs out of all the batterys shes had.
Stop start (particually in winter due to electrical load) will drain and wear your battery out quicker than a healthy run to and from work everyday would.

Teasy

Sep 1, 2007
Middlesbrough
I was just thinking of changing mine too, are there any problems or advice ppl know of when disconnecting the old one & hooking up the new battery ??? :shrug:

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
My original packed up last April on an 2001 LC.
I do a 20 mile round trip commute Monday to Friday with 1 or 2 200+mile trips (M25 or blast up and down the A34) a month to visit family.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.